Etype photos - post some of your favorites!

Anyone going for the “murdered out” look on their restoration?

I can’t say I hate it: I have long thought that body-colored bumper blades would be better looking than the chrome.

I think that look might work, if it weren’t for the chrome wheels. They should be black as well.

1 Like

Perfect for another Danger Diabolik sequel!

2 Likes

I agree Tim, a blacked out set of wire wheels and a set of chrome spinners would fit the trick.

cruising for paint chips?

Saves time when masking up before spraying . Why not do the windows as well :grimacing:

1 Like

I have removed some of the chrome on mine incl the trim around the bonnet opening, around the rear hatch and the hatch vent. All blacked out is a little too far my taste

I took this picture yesterday during our trip In Tennessee, I thought the angle and the light was pretty good.

9 Likes

Pascal, I love it.

Did you reshape the radiator opening? Maybe it’s the grill. The front looks more muscular.

No opening is original. I think removing the chrome trim around the edge is what makes it more muscular. Also the removed the Jaguar badge from the grill

That’s a really good looking front end for an S3. But those side repeaters…still a bit of a wart to my eyes.

From that angle, with that lighting, the bonnet opening kind of evokes that of an Aston Martin.

No wheel chocks, not in gear, no camera trickery, just the hand brake. Which I haven’t touched for years. Dunno about you but I was impressed.

5 Likes

Nothing too surprising there, if the parking brake is all in good shape: Tweety’s, which was all original, would easily hold it on a hill.

Just don’t ever try to use it as an emergency brake…:pleading_face:

Did it release?

Hi Chris, are you in the Lee-on-sea or Somerset areas, my family lives on both coastal areas…

7 Likes

Garth. I and my E-Type currently live in SW Wiltshire. I grew up in S Somerset ( not the bit where the coast is).

1 Like

Quite easily. And nothing broke.

1 Like

And I forgot to mention that my partner’s best friend lives in Hillhead, next door to Lee on Solent, so we are frequently there with the E.