Evaporative System Leak

On my 2001 xk8, EVAP is showing on the computer as incomplete and wouldnt clear. We ran a smoke test and found a big leak in the engine compartment. There is a hose that goes from the fender cannister around to a plate on the air intake. At the end of it is a plastic nipple that fits into a hole in the plate and seals with an o ring. That is where the leak is. That plastic nipple is worn so doesnt fit snugly. We called jag dealers and jag parts places, and no one seems to know what that hose is called, or has one in stock. Does anyone out there know what Im referring to? Its probably 2 feet long, black, a fitting on the cannister end and a black plastic nipple fitting on the intake end. Near the intake its wrapped with a heat protective foil shield.

Yes, replaced one 6 years ago. Parts were ordered from U.S. factory warehouse, now days I also call my dealer in Victoria, B.C., Canada.
Victoria Jaguar: Parts Dept. 250-475-3313, you never know what can happen.
Bob

Bob Allen
kabob@wavecable.com

Thank you, Bob. Im going to follow up on that today! Do you remember what that hose was actually called?

Bill

1 Like

No, but it’s in my receipts. and I’ll try to get it to you very soon, possible tonight, they are open on Saturday morning.
Bob

Bob Allen
kabob@wavecable.com

Gee, Bob…please dont go to much trouble. I appreciate your help.

Bill

What i found, Bob, is a part #NJB6026DB, VAPOR PIPE. I think but am not certain that is correct. Jaguar has discontinued the part so dealerships dont have it. Im going to try calling the number you gave me.

Thanks

Bob, I just called the Canada dealer. Nice people, sent me some diagrams and they do have a few various hoses but I dont think they have the one I need. Im probably going to have to get creative. Thanks again