Extra functions of remote

Hi All. Does anybody know if it is possible to program the remote to raise (or lower) the windows on the XJR 1999?

Cheers Robin Auckland NZ

IIRC it can be done via WDS. Also, you can do it by turning the key, when in the door lock, and holding it in the locking position.

Thanks Gary, I realise the key can be used, long time XJ40 owner and they had the same feature. Haven’t left any windows down yet but it’s going to happen one day:) Not sure what the WDS refers to, I’m sure its something simple that will elicit a DOH!

WDS, although I think it’s called something else now, is the diagnostic system the dealers use via the OBD port. Some indies will have it, although most use Autologic.

I’ve got some DOH but, I’m keeping it for myself:-)

WDS Workshop Diagnostic System?

PDS Portable Diagnostic System?

Not sure about DOH! either.

Thanks guys, light bulb moment as I was in bed this morning before dropping off to sleep! Looks like I’ll have to talk to our local agent, luckily the Auckland jag club have a reasonably good relationship with them now, was dodgy for a few years due to the POS that was the head of operations.

Cheers Robin

Diagnostics we used since the 1980s

JDS = Jaguar Diagnostic System (Pinocchio, always recommended front harness replacement)
PDU = Portable Diagnostic Unit
WDS = Worldwide Diagnostic System
IDS = Integrated Diagnostic System
SDD = Symptom Driven Diagnostics

The keyfob transmitter cannot be configured to GLOBAL OPENING. Only the key in the doorlock can operate that function from outside the car.

bob