First Jaguar run of the year show us your XJ

Hey I know a lot of you laugh since I’m sure you live in warmer places than I do. So it’s always a bit of an occasion when I can get the big cat out for her first drive of the season.
We have to wait for the streets to be cleaned of sand and gravel (small stones) after all the snow is gone for a past season of winter driving. Not to mention the calcium chloride they use nowadays. Anyway it got up to 20C here. I washed off the just threw a quick coat of wax on the ole girl and off on the journey we went.
New exhaust sounded great, new gear reduction starter worked great, new
shocks, springs and new rubber performed well. One of those days that puts a smile on your face and you feel great just being alive and driving one of these old Jaguars. ( and no I didn’t smoke anything before I put that in).
I even had a chance to stop at the grocery store and thought I would share these pictures. Please feel free to add to this post and share pictures of your Jaguars. Always good to see and hear the positives of Jaguar ownership.

1 Like

Nice XJS Gary.

Do you need spacers to use those XJR6 rims?

Good luck,

Rob

We took our XJS out of storage on April 15th and along with our friends in their 2023 Corvette we completed a 300 mile road trip on one of our favorite remote highways. There is still ice on the lakes in our area but the road was in great shape, little to no traffic and sunny day but a little too cool to have the top down. The food as always was great at the destination restaurant and when we pulled into the gas station in a small town with the XJS and the new Vette we drew a lot of attention which was fun as well.
Cars ran great!
Sorry no pics though :frowning_face:

Thanks Rob, no spacers straight off a 1995 I believe, I was just trying to remember what the off sets were.