First time caller, long time fan

Just wanted to say a quick “Hello” to all! I was a member of the J-L e-mail group back in the late 90’s/early ‘00’s, having tinkered w/ a few XJ40s, an XJS, X308, and a few X-Types. After a few years away from Jags, I’ve somehow managed to find my way back. My wife adopted what was my ‘17 F-Pace 20d daily driver, and as I couldn’t do without, I picked up a ‘17 F-Pace 35T R-Sport for myself (Magnificent machine, but my first XJ40 will always be my favorite). I see the F-Pace forum is sort of low-volume at the moment, likely because most of the little quirks (ICTP fun, and a few others) are still covered under warranty. I suspect that will change as warranties expire, and 2nd owners start trying to sort things out. I know J-L was an invaluable resource way back when, and I’m sure it will continue to be in the future. Best regards to all!

1 Like

John:

Did yo happen to lease that 35t? My local dealership has a few '19 F-Pace S’s left in inventory. The Christmas promotion offered them at $597/mo x 36 months + $0 down, and that offer expired on 1/6/20. I had also seen a promo offering one particular S (not sure of all the rest of the specs, but I care mostly about that engine) at $460/month x 36 months, but not sure what that down payment was (maybe $2500-$3000).

Anyone out there have information on what year-old F-Pace are going for on a 3-year lease? Thanks!

Dan

Dan,

I purchased my 35t. Since I made the original post some time ago, I ended up trading it in for a ‘19 30t. Had a transmission failure in the R-Sport that was taking too long to repair (over a month), and ended up swapping out for a newer (but not quite as fast) version.

1 Like

How do you like that 30t engine? Is it adequate?

I have an F-Type S coupe myself and have been less than impressed with the transmission. I took it to auto-cross last summer, and even that limited bit of aggressive acceleration and braking seemed to throw the transmission into a tizzy. Had to turn off the motor and restart it a couple times to reset the computer, but it kept throwing fault codes. It’s fine around town and on the freeway but just testing it for a couple hours didn’t go well.

That 8-speed ZF is the same as between the 30t and 35t, right? Hope that doesn’t cause more problems. Was your transmission problem electronic? Or did anything physically break inside the gearbox?

Dan,
Apologies - been traveling the past few weeks, and haven’t been on line much. I believe it’s the same 8 speed ZF in all. I think it was an electronic problem, but I didn’t stick with it long enough to find out the final fix. They replaced the tranny and the transfer case, and it didn’t fix the problem (Sort of a torque steer issue between certain gears that would go away after a few cycles through the gears). They had it a month, and although I had a loaner, it wasn’t my car. They offered to trade, so I took them up on it. No issues so far w/ the 30t. Had to replace the turbo at 40k on the 20d (I have close to 50k miles on the clock now in that).