Found my fob, put batteries in, it works but drivers seat in odd position and partly frozen

My story: (1996 VDP VIN:779967)
Finally got around to cleaning up my bedroom (married 40 yrs, live like a bachelor . . . the poor girl) and I found my fob! All excited.
Put new batteries in it and tested it.
Lock > unlock > Lock > unlock > unlock > Lock > unlock.
it barked all happily everytime it locked.
Way cool! All excited.
Open door to get in . . . driver’s seat back is tipped ALL the way forward, and seat is slid pretty far back.
Grunt and shimmy and wedge myself in and adjust the seat back.
Seat won’t move front-to-back, but it will lift/drop the back end (“Bucket ON!” . . . .“Bucket OFF!”)
Poked at the memory buttons on the door in a rather random manner while working seat-side buttoms also in random manner.
No change. Excitement gone.
Sighed heavily and drove it away using the tips of my toes to push the pedals because I had to go to work.

This is above my pay grade and waaay above my desire to spend time on - is there some magic formula that the wizards out there have to fix this odd spell that has descended on my jaggy-waggy?

Thanks!

TSBs we got when I worked at the dealer years ago.

15-07 Keyfob Transmitter Battery Replacement.pdf (19.1 KB)
15-21 Seat Memory Functions – Inoperative.pdf (20.8 KB)
15-23 Power Seat Fuses – Blow.pdf (15.3 KB)
15-50 Front Seat Memory – Potentiometers.pdf (69.4 KB)

Motorcarman:
Thanks for the TSB’s - they’re now in my stash.
: - )

I forgot to put ‘1996 VDP’ in the post (have just added that)

I’ll dig through the TSB’s and se how confused I can get.

Thanks!

You should download and read ALL TSBs related to your car. We got new TSBs once a month as paper publications (at the dealer) but sometime in the early 2000s we had to get ‘online’ to see them as .PDF.(no more paper)

I sent all I had to Gus @ jagrepair.com.

He has other people send him info so it is all on one site. (I found things I did not have)

S O L V E D !
The fuse blew.
20A - #3 behind the right rear-seat footboard.
Everybody is now happy.

Well, not completely solved.
I’d like my fob to work without jamming the seat until the motor kills the fuse.
I need to reset the memory stuff - but I think the switches for it in the door are dirt/fried/something.