FPR observance...best it's ran in years

After changing my left side outgoing fpr…my engine started much quicker and even after driving awhile I got no hot start issues…it must have progressively been getting faulty and I didn’t realize it… could this be others problem about bad starting issues…just my observation… I was able to get a new FPR from my local Carquest store for much less than online…56 bucks plus 8 for shipping…15 minute fix and the hardest part was prying the clamp-on hose off.

1 Like

Scrimbo,
Congratulations on fixing your problem and thanks for posting this info. What was the Carquest part number that you purchased in case others need one?

Paul

L… Carquest FPR outgoing left side

1 Like

I wasn’t sure how and when the FPR would need. Hanging or what the symptoms would be if one was wearing out or faulty. Just in the process of changing my fuel pump so it might be a good cheap up upgrade.
Is this another one of those make sure you buy a certain brand or get the original Jaguar part number?.

I was informed that the same part fits the following…but I can’t truly affirm that…

It seems that many Jag parts are used elsewhere…we should have a cross reference book for our model… anyone remember some years back there was a book like that for American cars…wayback

I have the WVE FPR and it works great. Part# 5G1019. I have discovered this manufacturer recently and they make quality parts.

I also have the Bosch version of the FPR and it also works great. Part# W0133-1615387 More expensive, but it is Bosch.

Jaguar part is : EAC4864 I am not sure, but I would think the Jaguar OEM part is simply a Bosch at double the price.

Make sure you get 2.5 Bar. As we’re talking about the return FPR on B bank, correct?

I wonder how many are leaking fuel into the vacuum line and don’t know if.that would make a harder start and poor idle… also it would be hard to mix up which FPR is left or right as the left one has a clamp- on hose whereas the other side has threaded fittings ( if that is what you meant)…so far it seems like everything is better…not saying everything is cured for hot starts but seems like it. Anyway it still needed changed