Fuel injection help , not Jaguar!

Your reputation here is good, your work is good, and I like when I can put a price on jobs I can‘t do myself. I don’t see it as a sales pitch at all. I agree that changing the filter won’t change a thing.

But I have serious doubts about the fuel injectors playing a role in this. Especially when I think back to what my injectors were like and how I cleaned them, with good, but not great results I am sure. It must be something bigger.

Well, he has an ultrasonic cleaner on the way, so several cleaning rounds (20-30 minutes) thru it may do the trick. Based on your theory, he might end up with an ignition problem, and if so, a hookup on an o’scope may be in order. One step at a time. Stay tuned and thanks for the kind words. SD

I have been talking to a guy in the USA who drag races a ZZR , with the Mr Turbo kit on , he said the pressure was fine !
Replacing the filters on the injectors may not do anything , but before I did not know there condition , now I will !
Like said have a Ultrasonic cleaner on the way , have had a look at getting them cleaned , look’s like that’s all the people use to clean them , so why pay someone to do the job , when you can do the job yourself , and the money you save pays for half the cleaner , that will be used on other things , I have a 6lt one on the way , so jag carbs and the like can be cleaned in it .

The drag racer did ask about the compression , that I don’t know .
Plan is , clean the injectors and replace them , add just 97ron fuel (no cleaner ), fully charged battery , warm up the spark plugs , then try and start the engine

Like said it did run for a good few seconds on easy start , I know some fuel is being sprayed into the bores but its not firing , that makes me think the cleaner has weakened the fuel , should know by next weekend ,
Our lock down in the UK finishes on Wed , and I am back to work , so if the cleaner comes I have a few days !

What jar is from the tank with fuel injector cleaner in it :thinking:

1 Like

Just a update , still a no starter , Have a injector tester on it’s way , and a Oscilloscope to see if the injectors are receiving a signal to increase fuel by 50% (choke)
All knew to me , your never too old to learn :+1:

Could it be a temp-related issue?

I.e., if you could get a helper, and keep it firing on a spritz bottle of fuel, to keep it running, might it continue running once warmed a bit?

Am in tear 3 Paul :mask:

Had to noodle that one out: tier!

No one in your “bubble?”

85 year old mother-in-law :rofl:
There is the wife !
With the injector kit , I can test flow over a given time , 310cc over 1 minute ,give or take a few cc’s
Oscilloscope will tell me what electric pulses the ECU is sending too the injectors ,
I have found out the firm that made the ECU back in 1990 is still in business , so if I find a fault , it will go back to them to be looked at .

I am 100% sure it is a fuel issue , time will tell !

Did you ever try a start with some ‘new fuel’

Yes , new fuel , rechecked electrics , tested the pressure regulator , that was a good 50psi ,
I have a feeling the cold start button is not working , should know in a few days , test kits are in the post .

1 Like

Well done. What fixed it?