Fuel pump flow rate

I intend to fit a Nitrous Oxide system to my fuel injected pre he v12 5.3 with about 75 to 200bhp increase in power
will the stock fuel pump cope with the extra fuel flow, does any one know the fuel flow of the factory fitted pump?
thanks Peter

No experience but I would imagine that the stock pump would only handle a small Nos injection. Talk to the supplier of the unit and ask them. Could need higher flow FP and maybe even auxiliary fuel lines?

i would not consider any N20 kit without a good pump!

seen many a good engine fail with stock pumps, espiecially old pump.

But its you car !

Hi thanks for your advise
Ive decided to fit a bosh high flow racing pump 0580254044 to be on the safe side up to 750bhp
Peter

You probably need to be careful. Too much flow might overwhelm the FPR’s and cause you to run rich at idle or low power. Better idea: Plumb in a second pump about the same capacity as the OEM pump, and wire it to run whenever the nitrous is engaged.

If you talk with several of the N2O companies, you should find that all have some experience with setting up a Jaguar system and what are the fueling requirements. My general rule is that for most cars up to a 125hp shot of N2O I use the stock fuel system, just plumbing in an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and checking the existing fuel pressure. Up to 100hp shot is perfectly safe and has virtually no effect on engine reliability - unless you are a deranged teenager at the wheel. The stock V12 fuel pumps can probably handle a 200 shot, there are modified close to 500 hp naturally aspirated V12’s that as far as I know are still running the stock Jag fuel pumps.

When upgrading fuel systems I prefer to utilize a single higher flow electric fuel pump rather than wiring in a second pump that kicks in with the N2O. I do not know why, but sometimes those micro switches used to turn on a second fuel pump do not always work right - and then BOOM!

The only problem with N2O is that it is like drugs, and it seems like people get jaded with an extra on demand 100hp and they always end up wanting more…and more!

HI
After researching this task I think I will use a fuel pump speed control similar to the aeromotive pump speed controller.
Thanks
Peter

Have you contacted any of the N2O companies? I am sure that all of them have set up systems on Jag V12’s - don’t miss out on this resource for what has worked, or where it went bad. Or just go ahead and engineer your own system and let us know how it works, preferably with 1/4 mile times and mph.

Top Gear put nitrous in an XJ-S