Generator rebuild in the UK?

Hi guys,

I know I’m not so active on this forum, more on the E-type or the Pre-XK, but I thought especially UK XK enthusiasts might know best where I could get my Lucas generator professionally rebuilt?

I saw quite a few charging/generator related posts now recently, but none would apply directly to my case. I do have another working Lucas C45PVS-5 generator in my car now, but the one that came in it, is not form a MKV, but a later Jaguar, XK or MKVII or something, another C45PV-model with 10/55 marking IIRC. But I thought I would like to have it rebuilt anyways.

It was professionally rebuilt just a couple of years ago, but developed a short or two, possibly due to a faulty charging relay and me doing the wrong things (too much current) so the bearings, coating and brushes are new, but the solders or the insulation have given up. Over here there are no shops that do that kind of work (using soldering, insulation, lathe and mill).

So who or what company in the UK would be able to rebuild the one I have?

I will be at Stoneleigh next week so ideally I would take it with me to save in shipping cost. :wink:
I’ll be taking an overdrive with me to the ORS guys as well for a complete rebuild. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Pekka T.
Fin.

Pekka,

I have used Classic & Vintage Dynamos Ltd, in Mansfield, UK. Was very happy for the work they did for me.

Eric
Church Stretton, UK

Hi Eric,

Thanks, that sounds like a good contact, I’ll try to contact them and see how it goes.

Cheers,

Pekka T.
Fin.