Good used 6cu ECU and throttle potentiometer?

Thanks for sharing that. I will look at that. There is a place called Everydayxj that I have been getting some very good used parts from. David is a pretty good guy there. I have a TPS coming along with another power resistor. Throwing parts at it now.

I did get a reply from Roger Bywater as to fixing my 6cu if it needs it. Turn around is a few weeks, maybe that’s including the shipping time too. I will know soon I hope with the parts coming in. I got a 16 and plugged it in but it still would not start. So maybe once I figure out what it is then my enhanced 6cu will be in good working order.

I will have to ask Roger about the cost of an enhanced 16 instead of my 6cu. It seems that the 16 is better all the way around, at least for the choices we have with the years that use them.

Thanks

Russ

I will check there. Thanks. I do have another TPS and power resistor coming in soon. If you have never tried a place called everydayxj then I suggest you try it. David is a great guy and has excellent prices on lots of his stuff. I paid about 50 bucks for a used AAIC for my car. The go for over 300 at least!

I did try another ecu, a 16 but the car still did not fire. Although it seems to be hitting on half the cylinders now but not enough to start. Roger Bywater did reply to a message about how ling it takes to rework a 6cu and it was a few weeks. Hoping that is shipping too but probably not. If my 6cu turns out to be fine then I might ask Roger how much for an enhance 16 ecu. But will wait for now.

I appreciate the suggestions and will look after I finish this.

Thanks

Russ

Russell sounds like you are on the right track but you don’t say which bank A or B bank…Starboard or port. Half firing says something…early 80’s engine and system. have you checked for continuity from baCK TO front …harness. How many miles on the machine? Tells me how long the harness has bee subject to high heat conditions, etc. The 16cu is a better unit overall and worth the change…always the first thing I do when upgrading an earlier machine. I usuaLLY toss the 6cu units as I don’t have time to resolder the boards…tedious but can be done . Go to Jaguarforums.com for more information…many of the older guys moved there because of some of the folks at Jag-livers. Best, JW

Ok, the latest. I got a used power resistor pack in, cleaned the pins, installed it and the car started right up. I tried with both ECU’s and they both started and ran. I would rev it up a bit and it seems to hesitate but it was cold. I was revving it up and opened the throttle pretty fast. It popped in the intake like it was too lean and quit. It will not start again.

I did borrow some noid lights from a friend and it shows that all the injectors are firing. They fired once per revolution. This was before I plugged the new/used resistor pack in. Now the noid light comes on more than once per revolution of the engine. I have a good spark at the coil and I put a spark plug in a few of the wires and they fired ok.

I did clean the connectors on the resistor pack and earlier with the plug itself. It was a used resistor pack and not sure how fragile these things are, could it have been close to going bad and I got the last bit out of it, I don’t know.

So I am depressed again. I was going to see if there was some way to check the fuel pressure at the rail but there is no way to check without an adaptor to each of the pressure regulators. Mine has 2 regulators with vacuum fittings on them. Maybe there is a way to make a home made pressure tester but a gauge that will read 30 lbs is kind of hard to find. Most are either 15 lbs or up to 200 for newer cars. Not sure of any other way that to buy 2 new ones.

This was more of an informational posting but as always I am still open to help, hints or suggestions.

Russ