Goodwood Revival 2023

Hi all,

I could find quite a lot of threads, but none for this year.

I’ll be there again all three days with my V12 OTS, reg. JAG-72 (FIN).

We are six Finns, this year in addition to my car there’s a fellow with an X350 Portfolio Super V8 and three passengers. :sunglasses:

On Saturday I will turn 54 so any fellow J-L’s are welcome to join for a glass of bubbly, I’m buying, so Pat, Chris, Martin, Steve, and others, if you happen to be there, drop me a line or call. :smiley:

PM for my mobile number if interested so we can use SMS or WhatsApp etc.

Cheers! :champagne:

4 Likes

I will be there with 4 friends. Leaving the USA on Monday and plan to visit Silverstone, the Morgan factory and a couple of other spots before heading down to Emsworth on Thursday. I don’t think my phone will work in the UK though. Will you be parking in the classic car lot close to the main entrance ? One of the usual Friday activities is to spend a couple of hours walking through that lot. We often watch the Sterling Moss (Kinrara) race from the GRRC bar at about the mid-point on the straight since we only have grandstand seats for Saturday/Sunday. That bar also has a smaller classic car lot that always has some good stuff too.

David
68 E-type FHC

Just purchase a European sim card when you get there.

Hi David,

That will be my intention, but last year I managed to get up close only on Saturday, there are so many classic cars and mine is not pre-1967, but 1972 but last time we had luck so just drove behind other E-types. :smiley:

I think WhatsApp should work with the wifi at the track and elsewhere (hotels, cafes etc.), no cell connection required. SMS would need mobile network.

1 Like

Hi again,

I have four seats in the Chicane grandstand on Saturday but Roving Grandstands for Sunday and on Friday nothing much.

Being a GRRC member me and my friend / relative can access the GRRC enclosure, bar etc. and of course use the paddock passes that I intend to do on Friday, slightly depending when we actually get there from Kensington, Londonn.

I will be visiting with non Jaguar friends (one Porsche one Mercedes infection, both incurable) on Friday. My E will be in the Tax Exempt carpark (Revival Car Show) from early til late.

The carparks were still quite firm on Monday, despite all the rain we’ve had. Let’s hope it doesn’t rain too much in the next 8 days.

New for this year is a foot bridge over the circuit at Madgwick.

Sat and Sun I’ll have the YouTube live broadcast on my home TV.

1 Like

The Over the road Show will be open on Thursday from 4pm, for those of you in the area and wanting to get an early flavour of the frivolities. Any tickets will get access.

We will leave Stuttgart/Basel on tuesday, arriving thursday afternoon in Goodwood with two E-types, S1 and S2. We‘ve booked a caravan on Campsite E so we will be staying (very) local (:smiley:) leaving Goodwood monday. Not wanting to rush through France we‘ve booked a Hotel in Reims and near Calais. We‘re looking forward to a fun travel week! Mid august I was hiking with my wife in Peak District and Yorksire Dales, our phones worked fine, our cells are on german plans.

Pekka I‘ll send a pm, maybe we can set up whatsapp.

Safe travels!

Here our two cars on a trip in Switzerland. My raggedy S2 now boasts a 3.07 LSD so thanks David for all the help swapping it out. Makes a big difference in driving around here, autobahns and all.

6 Likes

Oh, and this looks promising at least for now:

1 Like

Hi Martin,

Good plan, last year I stayed in Reims after the event last year with my son. He is in the army now but I have a relative as a co-driver again, however this time we drive back to Finland so we’ll most likely stay the night in Germany, Denmark or Sweden. :sunglasses:

I will be there all weekend with Marcus (S1 Coupe), I will PM you and well meet up.

Use (what’s app) to send messages it’s free and works everywhere just need wifi

We are usually in the Chicane grandstand on Saturday/Sunday. I will check with my friend who gets the tickets to see if that is the case this year and if so what seats we have. I will also check about whatsapp. Three of us are Jaguar guys and one Land Rover and one Porsche guy.

David
68 E-type FHC

1 Like

I used it when we went to the Isle of Man races this year ,you can send pictures and videos , make up a group to communicate
Cheers

1 Like

Hello Pekka, we plan to be there again this year. Currently in Singapore on the way from Australia. We found your car last year in the car park, I think.
Hopefully the weather holds….

2 Likes

Goodwood has free WiFi across the site. However, it will be heavily used and bandwidth will be a problem.

1 Like

I’m still trading on a Vodafone 10GB SIM I bought three weeks ago for GBP10.00 - the bride got 20GB - I know my station in life.

1 Like

Hi,

Cool! Yes, that’s my baby. :smiley:

You have an even longer journey than me, respect!

1 Like

If I find a place at Heathrow that sells sim cards then I might try that option but when I checked before they said you must have an “unlocked” phone to be able to use it so I do not think my phone will work with just a temporary sim card.

David
68 E-type FHC

My phone is unlocked. Don’t pretend to know how alternatives might work. :thinking: