Gratuitous Plug

My 67 Series 1 2+2 just went live on BAT yesterday. Here is a link to the ad.

Here is a link to my own ad on my website.

I think BAT has become a victim of their own success. I am about 7 weeks out from when my car was first accepted. I’m not complaining, just a warning to those that may be thinking about listing a car. It will take a while. I still like BAT as a venue for private sales. In just one day I’ve gotten over 2000 views and a very credible bid. The auction closes next Thursday.

4 Likes

Based on my observations, I tend to agree.

As to your car?

If only I could locate that rich uncle…

2 Likes

“White glove” listings appear quickly and placed strategically to avoid competition. GLWTA

Wow, it looks great. Good luck. I tried selling my C4S on BAT but it didn’t meet the reserve. I wasn’t crazy about the experience but BAT does bring the money. I may list my 1980 911 on it soon.

Is it because they limit the number of live auctions or because they try not to dilute the market with too many of the same car? I’ve noticed more than once I can follow a car and 45 minutes after the hammer falls, virtually the same car in the same color gets listed.

I have no idea of what happens behind the scenes at BAT. I do know that they accepted my car within 2 hours of my submital. Then I got an email cautioning me that it would be weeks before I got to the top of the quene. I’m happy about how things are going so far.

I have no idea either. Similar to Harvey, they accepted my car right away but it wasn’t listed for a few weeks. I’ve got no problem with the folks at BAT or the auction but some of the commenters can be a pain.

1 Like

I will have to exercise all my diplomacy skills navigating those commenters.

My wife is choking on her coffee as she looks over my shoulder and reads “my diplomacy skills” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

very nice presentation and car on BAT. Your videos are just what they should be.

You get my vote for best (and most informative) drive video. Well done.

1 Like

Great looking car and it’s doing well with 6 days to go!

Very fine car and well presented. I also experienced a similar lag time between acceptance and listing. So long as you’re not in a hurry (and perhaps most sellers aren’t) I consider BaT worth the wait.

That is the reason I suspect.

GLWTA, @Harvey_Ferris!

Note that BaT is hiring auction managers. It appears that, like most businesses, it’s hard to find help at present. By all accounts, BaT has taken off like a rocket, and serious sellers may be beginning to prefer it over the physical auction sites. Note that the physical sites also have a long lead time.

BTW, my 2+2 sold today for $65K. I am very happy with that result, although I was secretly hoping for some crazy bidding war.
I have to give BAT a 7 out of 10 rating.
Pros
My ad had almost 10,000 views, so I think you get a lot of eyeballs on your car.
Once your ad goes live, it’s over in a week.
I only had one physical visit so there is none of the worry of tire kickers or worse showing up on your doorstep.
No need to transport the car to a physical auction.
Low cost of entry - $99
Cons
BAT is pretty backup right now. It is probably safe to assume an 8 week lead time to get your car sold. But as Tom noted above, that is actually pretty fast compared to live auctions.
I understand for legal reasons, that BAT’s ad copy is not the way I would write the ad. Nor are they particularing accomodating about edits. Not my idea but a good one. Write your own ad the way you want it and post it to the comment section as soon as the ad goes live.

3 Likes

Maybe the most frustrating thing for a technology driven platform, after I carefully curated my photos and gave them alphanumeric file names to establish their order of appearance, my Auction Manager told me they all uploaded in a jumbled fashion. He said he had to sort them out as best as he could.

Finally, do not underestimate the time it will take to do the ad “right”. By my standards, that meant several hundred good quality photos and 10 videos. And you have to be right there monitoring the comment section for the entire auction week. Many try and make do with less effort and pay the price with their poor results.

All in all, a good experience. One fewer E-Type in the garage. 2 more left. And my Porsches. Life is good.

1 Like

Dang I too was hoping it would go higher. Glad you’re happy with it. Did the visitor want to drive it? Did they end up bidding?

Did BAT offer you a preview of their text prior to going live with it?

The visitor did drive it. No problem, we “bonded” immediately when I found out he did vehicle dynamics for a NASCAR team.

Oh yes, BAT gave me a preview. They had some things garbled but edited it to my satisfaction.

1 Like

Faster with WHITE GLOVE service

@Harvey_Ferris, glad this worked out for you. I, too, had hoped it would do even better. There are SO FEW Series 1 2+2s out there. Anyway, if the result was to the satisfaction of both you and the new owner, then you are each winners.

1 Like

Tom, I think rarity is a tough sell in the E-Type world. Condition is certainly important, which was a selling point for this one.

3 Likes