Great start if you're jones'n for a DHC resto-mod or show car

Not something I’m looking forward to, my days of basket case rescues are over.

BAT basket case '53 DHC

1 Like

But… if I could pick it up for say …$10K…?

Oregon to NC is a long way to drive.

Rusty frame…

Don’t you love the spoiler wing on the front of the chassis?
clamps and pipe holding up the steering column
Conduit track rod
4 different brand tires
XK150 engine but looks like it has the 120 sump
120 FHC/DHC air cleaner stub pipes on the carbs
original trans
Looks saveable. Hope it goes to somebody sympathetic.

NOT A CHANCE. Not for $150.

A whole lot more car than I started with. My FHC had no interior, drivetrain, rear axle, or wheels. No regrets here, it was a great project!

Awwww, C’mon… Where’s your sense of the improbable? No longer a champion of lost causes in your old age?

Perhaps now that everyone is seeing stocks tank, it’ll go for reasonable money.

I had to do this to my last MGA project. Someone had ‘nosed’ it in the past and didn’t line it up with the hood in place. This wasn’t the worst part of that car. I’m getting kinda used to lost causes.

Absolutely, unapologetically, and proudly YES!

Been there, done that, got the ER visits.

:grin:

1 Like

I note that the “Basket case on BaT” was sold for $15,050. They are currently showing an XK140 OTS and a Mk IV Drophead.

CP.

Hey, that basket case is mine. Sorry it took me 6 months to jump in on the XK list. I don’t spend much time perusing message boards but took the time today.

While this is my first XK, I am not new to the car restoration world. I love my jags (need to update my profile) and current own 8 of different vintages. At least one member on this board knows me, Hi David and I have attended several of the Oil Leaks (see E-Types).

I have not frequented the site up to this point as I was predominately removing and replacing all the structural damage on the car. Now that I am reaching the end of that endeavor, I will begin asking questions of the J-L brain trust.

If you want to see what the BaT basket case looks like now, I created a blog: jenkinsjag.blogspot.com

1 Like