Had to share... parking lot dilemma

I never mess with anyone in a carpark, especially these days, too many edgie loonies

Someone got stabbed recently in my local shopping centre for looking the wrong way at a local nere-do-well

I have an older lifted 4wd, I can drive forward over most concrete barriers, its a beast

dont like taking the 420G into a shopping centre carpark, its a magnet, and is very wide, and oddly bulbous around the doors

1 Like

All supermarket (and general shopping) parking is done with the wife’s car.
The Aston Martin seldom leaves the garage and when it does the parking location is pre-determined and deemed safe. My Porsche Macan on the other had is my daily driver and I have been obsessed with protecting it from door dings. Each potential parking location is analyzed for space, road slope, whether one side of the vehicle can be protected as the first or last parking slot, is the parking slot next to a disabled parking slot, (those are wider) the kind of vehicle that I will be parking next to. (A well kept older car is safer than beat up new vehicle). If my analysis determines that it’s not safe to park, unless it’s an emergency I go home and get the wife’s car (smile). Even with all my vigilance, I was in the garage a few days ago on one of my made up projects (the wife’s term not mine) when I dropped a screw on the garage floor. In looking for the screw my eyesight was literally at ground level when I happen to glance up at the Macan’s passenger door. From this unusual viewpoint, with the light reflecting just at the right angle I saw three tiny door dings. Standing up the door dings are invisible. Every couple of days I lay on the garage floor at the right angle to see if the dings are still there and hoping that a miracle has occurred and they are gone. Such is the life of car guys.

3 Likes

As soon as I get the bed liner in the Maverick, I am going to whack it with a ball pein hammer.

There! First dent!

Time to move on.

My step-brother is a very wealthy man, and as such, has always had absolute top of the line cars. I distinctly remember one of his Jags got “keyed” messing up the paintwork

He had his cars damaged more than once

He could also bench press 400lbs, and one time caught a guy that had broken into his car, outside the Tavern (that he owned). He busted up the guy pretty bad, dragged him into the bar, and called the police

One time I was stepping out of a biker bar and the guy exiting right in front of me stepped into the parking lot to see his own Harley roaring past in front of him. He just reached out and clotheslined the guy. From there on it was nuthin’ but beatin’, the bike owner looked like a typical biker while the thief was a little guy. Dozens of us standing around, the thief begging for help, but we were on the biker’s side. He’d beat that guy until he got tired, rest a minute, then beat him some more. I didn’t wait around until the cops showed up.

Wasn’t that place on US41 by Port Charlotte, was it? Everytime I have driven by, there are at least 50 bikes out front.

Circa 1950, I got quite good at left handed shifts in my LHD 37 Ford. My right paw was heavily bandaged after an adventure with a big fire cracker. Right elbow held the wheel straight as I reacehed over to use the three on the floor lever.

I have retained much of the skills in the use of my left to do what one usually does with one’s right!

Carl

speaking of shifting… wasn’t there a way guys used to flip the column shifter over to the other side of the steering wheel… just to be different… I think are subject matter is changing

YUP!! Noot hard on most three on the tree shifters. Some bragged that it was to free the right hand for cuddling with a gal.

Others merely got the gal to dothe shift, and the guy’s right hand to roam.

Carl

Then, there was the BMW 300 Isetta, with four-on-the-wall!

In latter yeqars, my school chum that went on to be a space engoineer, got on. Jpohn was a very tall guy. I was amazed that he could get the thing. Then he got in a fender bener. not good. bye bye Bimmer… Hello jag 120. More travail. that tale for another day.

My DON gal is due today. WIFI for my printer???

My new Canon delayed til Monday,

Will i ever print again?

Carl

Legal and satisfying. There is no duty to rescue in law. Suspect when the police finally showed up, the thief got little sympathy.

What did that look like? I ask because there’s a Honda Civic Si with an odd shifter, looks like it’s coming out of the dash.

Renault had a handle slider arrangement on a delivery type , no window van about 50 years ago.

It came out of the dashboard in the center or so.

Could call it a four on the dash.

when I was young I drove a '52 Bentley drophead once.gear shift laying down on right side next to the door… thrilling to drive but different. probably some of you have one

1 Like

My 'rent’s right hooker PIII Rolls had that: one learned to put it in 2nd, to facilitate ingress/egress, without getting goosed!

Quite a few French cars had that type of dash change. The only time I drove a Prius (from Alice’s Restaurant back to Bill McKenna’s place) my mind went back to those French models. Rubbery, imprecise and unpredictable. The gear change, not French girls…

2 Likes

Been watching vintage “Walker, Texas Ranger” videos/ In one video the villain drives a late 50’s RR. A bit scruffy, and RHD.
As the scene is in the Dalllas for Worth area, it seems out of place. Chuck Norris plays Ranger Walker.

Stumbledon to another. “Walker” comletely different cast. lousy actor, name nt known, played Walker.