I am happy to report that the head studs are in place and ready for the next step to reinstall the head. Again, the wet vac sucked most of the remaining coolant from the block, followed by a wipe of the threads cast into the block with medical Q-Tips. I added an additional cleaning by useing a long fiberglas rod, about 18 inches long and 1/4” in diameter, the type used to open and close narrow window blinds, I think cut a piece of cloth, about 18” long and 1/4” wide. I pierced the cloth 2” from one end, and impaled it on the end of the rod, held the other end firmly in my hand, and pushed the rod and cloth through the opening in the bclock and into the threads in the block, By twisting the rod, I removed any remaining moisture in the threads as well as wiping out any remaining muck.
The double nut method of installing the head studs resulted in greater feedback and control when the stud bottomed out.