Headlights Not working 1996 XJS 2+2 Convertable

I cked the fuses and the relay the coil in the relay seems good i tested for voltage to the relay White wire Nada, Ground to relay is also good I applied voltage to Blue wire headlights came on . Any Clues? as to what Gremlins need to be banished? I ended up pulling all the relays and cleaned them they were all corroded. sprayed contact cleaner in sockets as well.

Upon looking at the diagram I forgot white wire is Key hot I forgot to turn on ignition SW . I will let you know what I find,

Turned key on Lights work, Interior lights were another problem seems when I was moving the harness dropping the blower I unplugged the module slightly . and one bulb was not making good contact.

Mark_Jagawar,

I see from another one of your posts that you have a “96 4.0 2+2 Convertible”, which is a completely different car than our 1990 XJ-S convertible. Jaguar produced the XJ-S/XJS from 1975 until 1996 with a variety of engines, body types, ignition systems, and a huge number of electrical systems changes (among others). I recommend that you include the year and model of your Jaguar in your posts to help others to help you. Otherwise members like me would just be guessing and likely to provide inaccurate or erroneous information because we have much different cars.

Paul

image001.jpg