Headliner now out..trash

Removed headliner and it just crumbled apart…what a cheap piece of junk…It isn’t going back. …
If I have to I will invent some other type of liner…it was as somebody mentioned. …insulation flattened and molded. .absolute waste of time to try and use that again…

http://www.jaguarheadlinings.com/ makes good replacements, shipping is the issue, I once asked about several members making a big order to share cost but nothing came of it. it might be cheaper now with all the world trade going on.

oddly enough both of those outfits are at one and the same address. How interesting is that :slight_smile:

When mine sagged I had it done locally here in Red-neck land. They did a good job. My biscuit wasn’t bad so I was lucky

Got mine on eBay late in 2017 from cc-headlining in the UK; was under $200, shipping was fast and reasonable. Fiberglas substrate, and included fabric for pillar trim and roof side moldings. Fit perfectly. Nice guy.

It is a long shot but am going to look around in junk yards and see if there is something that could be modified…also had another crazy idea…having the center section in one piece and make a metal extension pieces that goes behind the side rail coverings and then goes up and barely over the center section …upholster it…the hardest part would be where the visor mirror light stuff is…anyway, I have my thinking cap on and necessity is the mother of invention…if I stumble on to something I definitely will report it…It would be neat if I

had the center section covered with the Scrimger, my last name(Scrymgeour), Scottish tartan plaid

1 Like

Where are you located ? I have a couple good ones in my parts cars. Jefferson Hills, PA

Iowa will go through I-80 in aug or sep. Where are you at from hiway in pa…or what about shipping and cost

I am about an hour South of Rt. 80

stephen

1 Like

Probably will buy a new headliner…less than 300 dollars shipped…they told me that it is more flexible than original…Jag headliners from over the pond…anyone had neg results from shipping???

Mine arrived fine. I think because of size vs. weight, it ends up on top of the pile.

1 Like

thank you …I was wondering about the shipping…I think I will order one this summer

There have been suggestions of taking a headliner – even a brand new one – and reinforcing it with fiberglass so it’ll last forever.

1 Like

It wasn’t too expensive to ship, maybe$50, and it arrived within a week or two.

I just took my crumbly old one and added fiberglass to it as Kirby mentioned. It will strengthen it and easy to do. The stock ones seem to disintegrate.

Mine broke up in many pieces…so I am eventually going to order a new one…the company told me it is more flexible. We’ll see

1 Like