>>>Hello all, happy to join the group<<<

Thank you Erica. Looked for about 2 hours and gave up. LOL

I distinctly remember being on the same hunt years ago and finally just ask someone there and they instantly knew what I was talking about. I don’t think all styles of shock use the same bushings.

Bugger opened that up before I‘ve had brekkie :face_vomiting:

1 Like

This was true, but then SNGB supposedly encouraged someone to make them again. This is their offering:

…still not sure I’d trust it though, and $92 for that…? I built my replacement from brass fittings from McMaster-Carr for a small fraction of that price:

1 Like

Ah… that will be a hard no.

:astonished:

1 Like

It’s symptomatic of the strict originality paradigm - that the smallest detraction from original (or the appearance of original) becomes so important that you’ll be prepared to spend a ridiculous sum to rectify it. If you’ve got the cash to burn.

2 Likes

Personally, even if I had buckets of money, I’d still find it…offensive, to pay so much for silly stuff like that.

1 Like

If you’re interested a little bit about the look this is what I purchased years back, item #3 . I think I paid about $30+…

1 Like

So in reference to the Fuel line T-piece.

Are there any setups that are deemed “acceptable” by the judges without having concern that the car will end up like this :

Of course, that’s “cheap”. XKs/Moss charges $130 for the same part… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Think about your car next to its exact twin in judging. The twin has the correct, original looking Tee piece and your car doesn’t.

Thanks Marco. That’s the Series 3 part (C35649) which I believe is a metal T, and requires hoses and hose clips, but no doubt capable of the Series 2 task too. About half the price of the “original looking” part, and probably much more robust.

1 Like

All this discussion…inspires me to replace that same T on the Strommies, on the Jeep.

Anyone want a good condition original, for their JCNA show car, for $100?

:smiley:

In its class, I think I will earn points for making it out of Lowe’s plumbing parts…

1 Like

$59.99 plus S&H and you have yourself a deal.

:moneybag:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I found the tees shown in the attachment on Amazon. Perfect for this application.

[E-Type] Nylon fuel line installed - E-Type - Jag-lovers Forums (jag-lovers.com)

1 Like

Botox makes them even more interesting :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

In defense of the price of the SNG Barratt part - let’s assume it’s an accurate reproduction of the original part.

Consider what SNG might need to do to get this part:

1. see if this part is still in production somewhere, by somebody.
  2. if not, they can offer a substitute part that may not look like the original for a low price.
  3. But if the market demands an accurate part, then they have to see about getting it reproduced.
  4. If 3D printing cannot create a fuel resistant, fuel system rated part, then they’ll have to have this reproduced with traditional injection mold tooling for plastic, which isn’t cheap.
  5. How much do you have to charge to recoup the cost of making the tool molds for this part, as well as setting up for a production run? Remember, in almost all cases setup costs are fixed whether you make 10 or 10,000.

For something like this, how many will SNG Barratt sell? The fixed costs of the tooling and production setup have to be amortized across the units produced.

IMHO, that’s how you end up with a $92 plastic tee. Just like the much ridiculed $5,000 military toilet seats. Sounds outrageous, but if the contractor specifies a custom part and can’t use an off-the shelf product, that’s what it costs to make 100 custom toilet seats.

Isn’t there a recent thread where many people are complaining that they’d pay the extra money for an accurate, quality part? Many just want the function, but apparently there is some demand for a duplicate of the original.

If this is a good one, then I’m glad the option exists. No one is forcing me to buy it.

Dave

2 Likes

This is my “what you did today”.

Doing my best to read head markings, hence the magnifying glass.

3 Likes

I reckon these will all be spares as the car is mostly complete… if they are zinc plated still should be good… if they have been refurbished in cad plating unless they have been dehyrogenated ( is that a word) by heating to 400 Celsius they may be brittle and not fit for purpose.
D

1 Like

Heck, anymore I need one of these to read the fine print:

:crazy_face:

1 Like