Help wiring up a sbc into a 1971 xj6

In need of help wiring up a sbc carburated into a 1971 xj6. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Need the service manual/wiring diagrams for both the car and the car the engine is from, usually pretty straight forward at that point. Not a lot going on with the old TPI motor really if you’re using it’s stock harness.

pretty general question. can you narrow down what exactly you need help with?
did your conversion kit come with instructions? who’s kit?
get the sensor adapters for oil pressure, temp, send tach out for the V8 conversion, put switched 12v/hot while cranking to the distributor and go burn rubber!
HEI? points? magneto?
nice looking series 1!

And if you’re in Cali I believe you still have to have all the smog stuff matching the year of the engine, not positive but might be worth looking into.

That’s great info. I’m not doing the TPI, I’m convento the tpi to carburetor.
The adapter kit is from John’s car.
I need to do the simple carbureted sbc wiring.
I do better with instructions the kit came in another Jaguar I got for parts no instructions unfortunately.
Where do I get the adapters for sensors?
Where do I send the Speedo for adjustment to v8?

Hi wolf. Not in California, I’m in Reno Nevada.

Give Nevada Speedometer repairs a call. If they cant help theyll know someone who can probably.

1. In Ca, a 71 car is exempt. Sure wish my 83 was exempt.
  2. Check with Andrew weinberg. DBA jaguar-Specialties. Located circa San Jpose, Ca. Can help[ with Tach and Speedo.

Dakota digital can also elpp if fhe speedo is electronic. if fhe speedois cable, that is another story. but, there are ways to rematch the drivenb abnd driver gears. And, by a minor miracle, close enough.

Two sensor adapters needed. Temperature and oil pressure.

A vist to a parts hiuse with a good colection of brass fittings oughta do t.
The Jag starter relay will crank the Gm starter, just fine.

If you use a generic relay, for an unknown reson, the relay will need one way diodes!

Alternator hooks up the same way.

Ignition is the same, key to _ , + on the coil and - to the distribuor.

Question? Shy not go TPI? It has been used by others, including andrew?

Jhns cars did not produce a TPI kit.

My car is LT1 powered. via Jphns car kit. Plus alot of helpp here and from Andrew.

And, suncoat in puta gorda fla. JIm Jphnson proprietor. got my doew pips there. Grat price and nicely done.

Much help here.

Good luck.

CHJ

so the donor car is there? should be easy to swap over. just take pics along the way and make the '71 match!
i may have a john’s manual on the shelf. i’ll have to go look.