HELP! X350 can't get out of park

The car is dead electrically and has to be towed.
How do I get it out of park so it can be moved.

Hello Roger, there is a torx head grub screw at the top right corner of the gear selector panel. I forget what size it is but you need to remove the screw and then poke a drift or similar into the hole. There is a mechanical lock under the panel which when pressed down will allow the gear lever to move out of park. You need to do that every time you put it back to park until power is restored.
Hope that helps, Dave.

Oh, just noticed that you have an X350 and not an X300, sorry I miss read the title. My suggestion will not work with the X350 but if you remove the selector panel, it may be possible to release the leaver manually.

Dave.

Dave,
How do I remove the selector panel?

Roger

Hi Rodger, I copied this from the Jaguar forum.
Step 1 - You need to lift the J-Gate cover - this is easy, there are no screws or so
Step 2 - after you removed this cover, when you look thru the gap between the black plastic and the console (on the right side) you can see a small bolt on a rod. This small bolt you need to press back with the screwdriver, keep pressing it back and with your other arm you can then move the gear shift. You need a lamp or use your phone, otherwise it’s too dark to see anything.

I tried to make pictures with my iPhone, but unfortunately didn’t work, so you cannot see anything on the pictures.

There should be also a ways, when you look at the gap on the left side - there is some kind of switch, but I couldn’t manage to press this switch.
Regards, Dave.

hope this helps,

Roger_Coole4 Roger Coole
August 21 |

Dave,
How do I remove the selector panel?Roger Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply To

odo1 odo
August 21 |

Oh, just noticed that you have an X350 and not an X300, sorry I miss read the title. My suggestion will not work with the X350 but if you remove the selector panel, it may be possible to release the leaver manually. Dave. Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Dave,
Thanks for the help. I should print it out and save it. lol
Had to have it towed to a shop. Turned out to be a bad alternator.

Thanks again,
Roger

Glad you got it sorted, I have an X350 now as well so now I know where to look.
Dave.