Hiatus from the forum

Hello,

its been a while. the Daimler (1986 4.2) is still in the shop. i was on the new JDHT webpage. Parts are now in short supply, no wings or much else for that matter.

i hope everyone is well

best

dham,
Welcome back.

You didn’t mention where in the world you live or what work you are having done on your car, but I live in the USA and people are regularly parting out Series III XJ6s and selling the parts on eBay. I completely parted out two Series III XJ6s and sold some front fenders (wings) on eBay myself. I have a right front fender from my former Claret 1986 XJ6 for sale on eBay now. I am parting out a crash damaged 1987 XJ6 now.

I realize that getting used parts on eBay is not for everyone, but good used parts are out there if you look in the right places.

Paul

I’m in London. I bought a load of stuff from Florida.

What struck me is the lack of support from JDHT- front wings are NLA… used to be made by jdht or aftermarket.
The Daimler is having some front end work- new radiator crossmember and the subframe replaced. Seized brakes eased off and new Petrol tanks and a headlining.
I want to shift her next year

I think.

this somewhat grainy picture is the Daimler

this is the side profile. there are only about 50 of these cars left in the UK. She is beautiful but impractical, can’t drive in London. is good at the yacht club and the golf club too. my son goes cruising for girls in it

Kinda like @gary_breyer: He can’t drive… anywhere, but rest assured, you’ll never see him at the links or the yatchet club.

:crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grimacing:

Hi David,

Good to hear from you.

I changed the fuel tanks in my own car a few years ago. The Spectra tanks, which are made in Canada, and available from the major parts suppliers here in the UK are well made and a very good fit.
On refitting the fuel tanks, you fit the filler cap/body into the car first, ensuring the vent pipes are connected properly, then fit the tank by pushing it up onto the bottom of the filler cap. Not the other way around - which looks like the way to do it, but makes it impossible to fit the breather pipes properly. Shops make this mistake too.

Regards,

Andy

Well Paul, 30-40 years ago I had Series I, II and III XJ6’s and drove them all in London. Have to admit I never visited a golf club but, I did drive past the Royal Thames Yacht Club in Knightsbridge many times. Those cars were beautiful, apart from their colours. Greensand (aka diarrhoea) with a green velour interior, Sable with beige interior and my favourite of the 3, Lavender with Isis blue interior.

P.S. What’s a Yatchet? Do’t think we have them over here:-)>

Dodgy typing…

Best

1 Like

Compact version of a full sized yacht aka cabin cruiser !!!

Paint, A school chum bought a USGS surplus carat auction. A are bones 40 Chevrolet sedan.
Four door!! Sum baked black. Repaint in “metallic bronze”. We called it Bsb. Baby s…t brown. Billy “flipped” the car!!! Fixed !!! repaint even closer to the baby product in color… Billy went on yo a career in aeronautics!!!

Carl

Yatchet = yacht, for us more erudite drivers…:wink:

Hey Carl. Glad you are on the forum. I never see an Xj about town anymore.