Hood Installation

Hood Installation 1990 Jaguar XJS V12 Convertible-where can I purchase?

Ok, so i’ll just look into my crystal ball here to try work out if what you have posted is a question or statement…

crystal ball

3 Likes

my crystal ball is telling me to ask you> do you mean insulation?

Or the convertible top (hood); or the bonnet(American usage is hood)?
Different interpretations abound.

Jim,
do you want to borrow my crystal ball----you might get a better answer than i have…which is none

Think he means the boot hood for the convertible top, I need one too but are pretty pricey I was going to go with this …

Thanks for the offer Tom, but I’ll pass. Git enough crystal around here.

If a Magic 8 ball, and I might take you up :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are probably correct Geoffrey.

I was just playing a bit, cause the vernacular of our Jags can get a person confused depending on which continent one lives

Jim, all us English peoples in the US are just trying to claw back some of our old ways, well I am anyway!

1 Like

The engine hood insulation is what I need, where can I purchase one.

i bought mine on ebay

HaHa insulation NOT installation, now we know! I need some of that too!

told ya my crystal ball would work it out

I bought mine from Duque.

You are indeed a soothsayer

I purchased the aftermarket replacement hood insulation for our 1990 XJ-S convertible about ten years ago on eBay. The original fiberglass one was falling apart and looked shabby when we bought the car in 2005. The aftermarket replacement is a neoprene type material and that vendor offered a Jaguar decal at that time. The hood insulation has held up nicely since I installed it.

Paul

1 Like

Looks very nice Paul… and looks like mine. Except mine is a 95, so the cut-outs are a bit different.
I bought mine from Nicole Duque…she is running the business her dad started.

1 Like