How do we search the site?

I am trying to find references to the brake reservoir heat shield on the Series 1 E type - how do I do it?

Thank you

John 1964 E type

Short version - click on the magnifying glass logo in the upper right of the screen.

The new search function presents a look at each result - very useful.

I recommend sorting by Date when you search. Not that the old posts aren’t useful, but some are very old and lack pictures and current info on parts and techniques.

Thank you – works great.

There is a guide about searching in User Guides and How-Tos

Thank you – got it.

how can I search for a post i made on the OLD site?
thank you
ed

Ed,

All the posts from the old site were ported over, so the search system finds those posts too.

-David

That’s what I was going to say but I tried searching by a specific user name (first Ed’s and then my own) and the search seemed to return only posts from the new Forum.

Keyword searches return old J-L posts but I am unsure how one looks for old posts from a particular user.

The posts are all there, the user accounts too… sort of.

If George had ever used more than one email on the old site then there would be an account for each of those email addresses, but they would be Ahwahnee, Ahwahnee1, Ahwahnee2, Ahwahnee3 etc.

To find old posts from John_Gardiner1 you would have to search for posts by John_Gardiner.

We’re still working on a solution for the problem of reuniting multiple accounts from the “same” user.

Geo,

That’s due to the “username issue”. You may have to append a digit (starting at 1) to the username to find it - e.g. davidxk1.

-David

i found a lot of my old posts, but not all i think. i posted about a differential i had about 1-2 yrs ago but cannot locate that post. any help would be appreciated.
ed

Perhaps

or

-David