How many seatbelts are in an XJ6 Series ii

Hi All,

Hoping someone could give me some insight into how many adults a 1978 XJ6 can accommodate? Is there a middle seatbelt in the back?

Thank You,

• M

My Series 1 has five dealer fitted seatbelts. You should be able to have the same. Paul.

My US 1978 model had 3 lap belts in the back.

David

All XJ’s have fittings for the usual 5 seatbelts from the factory, a lap belt in the middle and 4 regular reel-type ones. It varies whether these have been fitted or not, but the fittings are there and can be used (unless the ones in the rear wheel arches are rusted out by now).

Hey All — many thanks!

Mike,

my 75 car came without any on the rear benches, but the mounting points have existed from SI on and were highlighted as a safety feature in the original sales brochure.

As in most instances, the good thing is they are upward compatible, so you can drop in rear seat belts from any SIII car which gives you a few years less wear and tear on a safety item. That being said, rear seat belts are hardly ever used, so mechanical wear is hardly existent, but the two outer belts have spent their lifetime with the same part of the belt being led over the top of the rear seat back, where they are exposed to the sun which is no good for any synthetic material. Sometimes these parts have hardened. Better to check them out before trusting your kid’s seats to them.

Good luck

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)