How much would you pay for this 1960 XK150 S?

Originally published at: How much would you pay for this 1960 XK150 S? – Jag-lovers

Hint: It would have to be more than $127,552. Still interested?

The car in question had an unpleasant interaction with a tree back in 1996, and was stored in a dry garage ever since. On May 22, 2021, it sold at a Bonham’s auction for an eye-popping six times the sales estimate.

Which goes to show that the market for classic cars is doing quite well, thank you very much.

Looking at the pictures, and in particular the state of the steering wheel, it’s a miracle the previous owner survived the crash.

More on the sale from Bloomberg here, and from the Robb Report here.

Would you fork over more than a hundred grand for this car? Please let us know in the comments.

No.

For an OTS maybe. Even though it’s a 3.8, I have a hard time seeing a financial upside to any restoration.

There is none !! Upside

1 Like

Awfully bubbly around here!

Thank God I’m not rich and only paid $2k for my Jag.

(Wait a minute … that doesn’t make any sense!)

1 Like

if you put it on a beautiful base and it shows up in a museum, it becomes an object of contemporary art and its price will be multiplied by 10 …

This is not as absurd as it should be, if you ask me.

2 Likes

I predict there will be none, but I also predict someone will find it fun to bring it back to life.

1 Like

Bitter irony. My friend just found this on an abandoned lot. I’m not remotely joking. I am trying to decide if I should go pull it out. Not even sure exactly what it is.

It’s a 140, I think (big bumper).

Bonnet might be salvageable…:persevere:

Is it worth anything? I hate to think it will get thrown into a dumpster if I don’t grab it… I do have my hands full with my 85 XJS.

1 Like

I’d say not much is salvageable: but, a decent bonnet, alone, is pretty valuable.

If it’s free…

Its a 1955/6 XK140 Drophead Coupe - or at least it was :slight_smile:
Might have some good spare parts, but otherwise good luck…

Bring home and put it out front… yard art:

Some here will know him, Mesa, Arizona.

1 Like