HRW wiring route

Hi,

I am trying to fit a heated rear window harness to my 65 FHC and I am having problems establishing where the cables run.

I have fixed the supplementary harness to the rear door hinge but I cannot find a grommet hole in the panel where the hinges are mounted to pass the wires through to join up with the wire that comes over the inside of the wheel arch.
Can you tell me the route that these wires take?

Also only one white/black wire comes from the front, but the supplementary loom has two including an earth with a bullet connector. Can you tell me where the earth connection is for this?

Thanks,

Paul

Anyone?

I just need to know where the power cable gets routed from the wheel arch up to the hinge?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul,

unfortunately not from a '65 but a '71.

RearWindowHeater1

• Manfred

Thanks for this Manfred,
It looks like yours is on the top hinge, where as the only ones I have seen are on the bottom.

It would appear to be clear though that the body shell on later cars was modified to take account of this loom.

Here is a picture of mine. I have made one of the existing holes bigger on the left, that I thought the grommet should go through and later discovered it was for one of the trim clips:-(

Paul

Paul;
My car is a 70 2+2. The wire for the rear window defroster enters (or exits depending on your prospective) just below the lower hinge attachment. Hope the picture helps.
Regards, Joel.

Thanks Joel,

That seems the most sensible place to have the loom coming through; it would be inside the hinge cover.
Strange that a 65 wouldnt have had the hole in it from the factory, but there have been so many anomalies in this rebuild, that there is not much that still suprises me.
Regards,
Paul