I am here from Pennsylvania

I’m a 1961 Jaguar E type owner from Pennsylvania. Mine is restored and I joined this site to meet new people , gather any tips I may need and maybe find myself a second E Type

Welcome, Chris!

I think you will find this site to be the most knowledgeable and friendly gathering of Jaguar aficionados anywhere. We would love to see photos of your current car as well as knowing what you are looking for in a second E-type.

1 Like

Welcome…Did you restore your car or did you buy it as is? For most of us one is plenty :wink:

1 Like

Hi Chris, Couldn`t decide wether I liked the OTS, or FHC. So now I have both.

Welcome,
Allen
Celebration+Jaguar+Design+50th+Anniversary+XLxWXd8UGx_l
Celebration+Jaguar+Design+50th+Anniversary+AEXiyUjSsnrl

2 Likes

@Nickolas … you readin’ this?

:grimacing:

Yeah. I understand the sentiment entirely, but I’d have to sell my XK120 roadster in order to:

A: have sufficient liquidity to buy a Series 1 coupe, and
B: make room in the garage beside the OTS

Might happen some day, though at 72 I’m running out of time …

I’m 67… And I’m there.

That’s why we’re starting our RV adventure two years early.

I am nothing if not pragmatic… :slight_smile:

At 86, I just might be too old to hunt for E-types except to have one in the garage to look at. Sold or traded all five, plus an XK120 drophead along the way. I still look at the ads on here and on Cars and parts and Bring a Trailer, and see that they are coming up for sale right and left. Could it be that the owners are getting up in years? One chap was 6’3" with a flat floor car, and was selling it due to he was too tall for the car, and ‘cramped up’ after about an hour. MY 62 had me driving bow-legged and I am 5’9", so I can relate.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum …. The more cars the merrier!

Chris where in PA?