I need distributor part NLA

Anybody have this star-looking part from an old non-working Lucas CEI distributor they could sell me? Mine is ruined, but I can’t get the part unless I get an entire used distributor. Thanks

It should work, but original Lucas pickup is also quite reliable. Exeption is the wires that suffer from age and heat but they can be easily replaced with new silicone wires. Do all your best not to damage the springs while pulling the star wheel.

There is a guy named Jeff who operates AdvancedDistributors.com. He specializes in rebuilding and setting up dizzies including Lucas bits.

No affiliation other than being a satisfied customer. He rebuilt and curved my dizzie on the TR6. Very well done, looked and operated as a new unit.

Might want to give him a shout.

Gordon

OK, I emailed. Thanks. There’s gotta be a good star-wheel looking for a new home out there…

Hope it turns out to be a good lead. Don’t know if he sells bits but his work is superb.

My dizzie had some play in the bearings which he replaced. Polished the case and did the curve based on my engine specs.

He won’t do Petronics. He has a real dislike for it.

Gordon

got my star! Coventry West. This forum is awesome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was able to easily slide off my old star wheel, because there was no C clip! What is it supposed to look like? Can I buy a simple stainless steel c-clip from hardware store?

And you’re all right, the screw on the magnet pickup thing was loose, so it was way out of adjustment and rubbing on the star wheel teeth.

When reinstalling, do you tighten those two adjustment screws super tight snug? Maybe use some loctite?

Here’s the picture :wink:

2 Likes

Cool, thanks. Yeah, run of the mill c-clip, it looks like.

There is also a springy (wavy) washer that goes between star wheel and c-clip.

Yep, have that, thanks. But the wavy washer was below the star wheel. You say it’s supposed to be above?

Wavy washer between star wheel and circlip. No reason for loctite on the pickup adjuster bolts, Just adjust and tighten.

1 Like

Somebody who worked on this car before you didn’t know what he was doing and probably had a short memory as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah, i’m a bit nervous now. But so far, haven’t discovered any other ‘repairs’.

Feels like a found a neglected and abused dog that now has a decent owner to take care of it properly :wink:

Thanks Dick and CoventryWest for the star wheel, looks perfect! Btw, i’m curious, do you know what metal it’s made of? Is it brass?

Can’t be brass. Must “conduct” magnetism, so it’s gotta be ferrous.