I Need Some XK Help!

Pictures. In doctor’s offices…!

I cannot stand crooked pictures: I use a level on mine, and if I see one more than a degree out of plumb, I gotta fix it!

1 Like

Yes. Standard filter setup fits. It’s just heavy and too good at muffling the intake roar.

There are low profile parabolic air horns inside the filter housing, btw, made by some guys in the Netherlands who seem to have gotten their math right. There are no flat spots in acceleration as sometimes occurs when the long tube factory air horns are removed.

Steve Williams
402.690.8655 cell

1 Like

very good

one could certainly eat ones lunch off your engine

that is a level of excellence I approve of

Looks like your alterations are reversible should any future owner wish to

All my modifications are bolt on, and I keep all the original parts for the future caretaker who wishes to make it stock.

Steve Williams
402.690.8655 cell

1 Like

Clive, I just now got around to looking at that STL, and yes, that is the one.

do you mean a digital angle finder ?

They are quite a handy inexpensive tool , you can go fractions of a degree, automotive uses include various wheel alignment, pinion angle and suspension settings

Iphone has a great app for that called Carpenter

sure wish they had them when my “builder” built my place around 1970

It is not level, square or plumb

This is especially annoying when fitting doors

To this day, I cannot work out why (or even how) they managed to build a large slab that is not level

The Egyptians managed without

I detest it when professional builders want to do things like that.

I once had to tell one that building a 2nd floor that had a slope of 25mm was totally unacceptable, as I had specified 10mm max, I am pretty sure the bastard was just going to do it until I called for everything to be measured off to spec, they tried to do other stupid things as well, sure glad i kept complete oversight of the job

I dont even know how someone can be that dense with modern laser levels

1 Like

Sorry, can’t chat now. Busy leveling the air filter.

4 Likes

It’s called, “Good Enough”. as in “OK, I guess that’s good enough”. Whoever did the concrete on this house got the finish and slope, 0.0 degrees, in the garages right. No shimming under the lift legs required and good enough to handle home alignments.

The ladder in the back wall is crooked.

1 Like

Looks to me like the whole garage slants to the right and the digital level needs calibration.

2 Likes

Then… You’re going to ruin it all when you install it in the car… :slight_smile:

1 Like

:grimacing: Yikes! Plus 20

1 Like

It’s actually in the rolling chassis. I moved it to the church a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

Ooooo! Body, soon?

Yes. I have these excess Dodge 440’s taking up floor space I need to shed.

1 Like

Those should be relatively easy to pedal on eBay.

1 Like

I once saw a guy balance a nickel (5 cent US coin) on edge on his running Pierce Arrow engine. It was that smoooooth.

1 Like

Are you getting the chassis baptized?

2 Likes