I Need Some XK Help!

I got this Jaguar engine kit, and it didn’t come with any instructions: any of you guys ever put one of these things together?

I’m pretty sure I have one too many intake manifolds…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi Paul,

The extra intake manifold looks to me more like the trumpets that connect the carbs to the air intake box.

Now for the sniping - how many errors are there? All three carbs have the fuel bowl on the same side - one should be on the other side.

Regards,
Clive.

Hi Paul,

Is this the origin: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/gadget/jaguar-xke-e-type-engine? Looks like if you create an account they have a “Make” button that may have instructions.

If you go through the pictures he has exploded renderings that show the construction.

Regards,
Clive.

Hehehe!!

My plea for assistance in assembling this was in jest: I think I can assemble one, be it a model or a 1:1 version, in my sleep.

That may or may not be something of which to be proud…:expressionless:

Yep, done a few different models. Knowing the real thing makes it easy to do the models. Most of them have detail errors.

1 Like

The ones that had the least were Pocher models: I put one together, in the 70s. Took me the better part of a year.

2 Likes

“All three carbs have the fuel bowl on the same side - one should be on the other side.”

?? Mine match. But then I build full size cars as I did when I was doing scale models: the way I like them.

1 Like

One manifold is a 4.2 version, the other a 3.8 type.

1 Like

Ah ha, makes sense.

if he just undoes the 4 screws, he can rotate the arm and bowl 180 degrees I believe :rofl:

No, he’s screwed - the lids are handed.

Yes. When I swapped my rear one 'round, I bought a ‘front’ lid off eBay and modded a surplus fuel rail to fit. Of course the throttle linkage needed a redesign as well.

I really didn’t like the one backwards fuel bowl :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool idea, your setup looks sweet

Gives me an idea for my triple HS8 setup, as I now have acquired some extra ones

Did you silver solder or braze banjos onto a modified existing pipe, I would have all those parts laying about

Are your handkerchiefs all ironed and folded up just the same ? :rofl:

I am admittedly OCD about unimportant things. Much of my life is fairly tidy and organized, though sadly not all.

To mod the fuel pipe, I took a slightly mangled original and stripped the finish off in the blast cabinet before unsoldering the rear banjo, cutting/bending the pipe, then re-soldering. Then had it replated. The fuel pipe was copper with brass banjos so easy to work with.

Steve Williams
402.690.8655 cell

What a beautyful carburettor setup :heart_eyes:

See a super original Sep 1962 set-up re position of fuel bowls - factory original/unrestored, but note brass Oil Damper caps…

And a later Feb 1963, again super original/unrestored (one owner from new) set-up, now with black plastic Oil Damper Caps…

Note both cars are RHD

2 Likes

Yes, I see it looks…wrong. Correct, but wrong.

Not necessarily laughing at anyone’s OCD, but…:joy::joy::joy:

I think we are all ‘over the top’ somewhere, on something…

1 Like

Does your changed setup still allow for fitment of the original air filter equipment

( ie are the carb spacings altered)

I am too stupid to work it out for sure myself, your non-standard air filter leaves me uncertain…so I thought I would just ask :smiley: