I think this is very bad news

I wanted to see why my turn signal no longer canceled out on left turns. The plastic ring that looks like a castle parapet came out in six pieces!!! No one sells these stand alone, do they?

If not that’s certainly a candidate for a 3D printing project.

1 Like

I was just about to say, if you model it, I can probably print it.

Same thing happened to someone else here years ago. They put a plain wire tie on the column, positioning the ratcheting piece, if you call it that, in the proper position to cancel the turn signal.
pauls

The 3D market for parts like that will be lucrative.

1 Like

Mine broke up in the seventies, took out the internals and now cancel it manually…

I have a new old stock switch in my car and it works fine, But I do catch myself canceling it manually, before the switch does it on it’s own. It’s like it’s a part of the symphony of driving an E Type or any sports car. I also remove my hand from the shifter between shifts and move my left foot to the dead pedal between shifts.

1 Like

The dash board dipswitch has always bugged me, but I must admit to wearing out the numerals on the original gear knob, kept my hand on it most of the time,

I do like the series 2 signal switch because you can signal for passing (overtaking), and flash the headlights, and honk the horn, all with the same switch, all at the same time.

Marek sells them, PM him

1 Like

One of the BEST ways to increase carbon TO bearing, and general clutch life.

What’s the “dead pedal”?

That is a pedal, or ledge, next to the clutch pedal, on which one rests…or braces, in the case of racing, one’s left foot.

It makes LD driving much, much more pleasant.

Bfastr!!! Thank you!!!
By the way, the other piece I have seen is a wishbone plastic piece that is sold as a replacement part. My switch does not appear to have that. There is a white plastic piece, but it doesn’t have those arms.

Bfastr,
I went to users and there are 5 Mareks.

Ron,

not sure why, but I think there is only one Marek !! it probably has to do with the update to this web program. hopefully he will see these posts or one of the admins can point you to the right profile.

Bob

try MarekH

He is MarekH.

I bought a headlight kit from him. He’s a great guy.

Thanks. I’ll order the part tomorrow!

Not sure what part this is, but I can print these:

I’ve just seen this - of course there can only be one “me”! I think there may appear to be more Mareks because I have changed my contact email address from time to time.

(Replied via private message)

kind regards
Marek