Ignition coil confusion

Good morning Team,
I am still sleuthing a rough idle on my 1988 XJ-S HE V12 and have found that the coil I have in the engine bay is DAC 6093 (single coil set-up), on a Lucas CEI system with the second front coil still connected? Is this an issue I should be concerned about, or do I have a ‘belt and braces’ set up. Interestingly I also have a crank position sensor bracket (no sensor) on my front engine cover, as well as the multi v belt pulley?
Is this a jaguar change over car with fitted for but not with Marelli?
Thoughts welcome.

Hello Christopher, if you have a single coil DAC 6093 , why would you still have the coil at the front of the engine bay still connected? You might want to start by disconnecting the second one at the front. Also double check your + - connections on the single coil. If memory serves me correctly the were opposite to the ones that came with the car.

G’day Gary,
That’s what I was asking, if anyone had seen the configuration as an improvement modification to the standard set up? I also wondered if it had a negative effect on the cars performance: I suppose disconnecting it will prove that supposition.
I will check the polarity on the single coil, never occured that they might be back to front. Unsure if they would work the wrong way around as the coil would generate less voltage and more current so spark would be abysmal.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Christopher, this may help. Look at this photo, enlarged.

The red wire coming from the relay is the + feed to the coil.(Originally white I think.) You won’t have a relay as it is something I added. The + and - wires to the amplifier have colored nail varnish on them. Remove any wiring going to the second can style coil up front. That should do it.

Cheers Dave, and many thanks for the photo (worth a thousand words). That’s some serious insulation on your fuel rail! Still it does get bloody hot under the bonnet.
Many thanks Chris,