Independent rear suspension w/ vented rotors

Hello everyone, I got this rear from a junk yard recently. A lot of the parts supposedly belonged to Lou Brero Jr.

I found this strange looking rear end there, not exactly sure what it is. If anyone recognizes it please let me know

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

With those vented rotors its off a late model XJS at a guess? Are you actually posting to resell or just information?

Ide be willing to sell, just wondering what it’s from. And it’s not from a late model xjs as they do not have inboard disc brakes

I’m not familiar with every car that uses that rear suspension, but in addition to the vented rotors, there are two other things that look unusual to me. The windows around the strut springs are different. The vent on the differential cover seems different. I’m mostly familiar with XJS and XJ6, But I can’t find any Differential cage photo online that looks like that one around the strut springs.

The Breros Had a Jaguar D-type at one time. Get your fantasies running.

Vented rotors themselves are not unusual. Many people have added them to street cars. Kirby Palm promoted it on XJS board regularly.

1 Like

Looking at the lower control arms too, they appear to be fabricated, Not the castings used on any production car. Whether that is DIY homemade, or the sign of something very special, I could not tell you.

Seems that whole cage is hand fabricated, not at all like a regular jag of any type. But not a backyard job either, very well executed. I think it’ll be worth the time to find out what it’s from.

That has a lot of modifications. Cage is special fabrication, vented rotors are custom brakes, I see other modifications.

It‘s not DB7 is it?

Not a DB7, they also do not have inboard disc brakes. I’ll include some additional photos

Oh this just gets even weirder! The parking brakes are reversed…. And the radius arms have that bellowed section… that thing has had some serious work done to it.

1 Like

She’s the girl next door, all grown up. Familiar, but different somehow :wink:

1 Like

Very different trailing links.

Maybe something like this ?

I noticed that too. Is the bellows a rubber boot covering a Heim joint or similar?

Wow, now that you mention it… cool!
It looks like a factory item in many ways. Notice the thickness of the tie plate…

Maserati Quattroporte?

2 Likes

I just saw this post. That’s my guess as well. It could also be from a De Tomaso Deauville or other similar sedan.

Interesting to observe that lumping goes the other way, too. Jag engines are commonly swapped out for American V8 engines while Jag IRS units are regularly swapped into hot rods, Maseratis, etc. In the case of the Maserati it’s from the factory, though.