Informal XJ-S Ownership Survey

Here’s my 1992 XJR-S, which I’ve owned for about 15 years. Adding 70,000 miles to the 30,000 when I first got it. The bodywork is a bit bruised and the interior could do with some sprucing up but otherwise it is mechanically very sound.

As well as the TWR modifications from a stock XJS I have also: switched to outboard rear brakes, with XKR vented discs and calipers; fitted Gaz adjustable shocks; electric fan conversion; stiffer DB7 front springs; quad headlamps; custom stainless steel exhaust.

1 Like

You must be in the UK.
That’s a great ride.

Yes, I’m in the UK, where the quad headlamps are seen as either a novelty item, or a necessity as the euro style single lens units are impossible to find NOS, or turn out to be poor quality reproductions. When there was no availability at all of the facelift headlamps I even grafted a pre-facelift lens onto my reflector to keep the car on the road. Switching to the quads was a much better option as the 5" lamps are so easily available here. The trims are painted black as the chrome finish is a little garish compared to the overall tone of the XJR-S body kit. When I have time, I will be de-chroming the rest of the trim as well.