Invalid Vin number?

So a guy on the other forum posted that he had an odd Vin on his xk8. I decided to check my xk8s and it came up xk8, but when I went to check the xjs’s, it comes up invalid Vin! I have tried on other sites and figured I had just gotten it wrong. I’m certain I have it right. Why would it be invalid? All my numbers match, and it has a clean title

Who says its invalid?!

Jaguar Vin decoder, and another recall site said “Jaguar\land Rover Vin invalid”

Is this a US spec car?

Besides that VIN, have you looked at the one stamped into the sheet metal just forward of the wiper grille? If a US car, how about the one on the tag at the left edge of the windshield?

Yeah all of the stamped and plated vins match. It’s LHD so I took for granted it’s a US car. When I added it to insurance, they had no problems knowing it was a 93 jaguar xjs. I’ll have to try other sites

The US VIN’s are different than the UK/Euro VIN’s. Perhaps the site you’re visiting is looking for a UK/Euro VIN. I don’t think the UK/Euro spec cars even have the VIN plate at the edge of the windshield, so if you have that I think that means a US-spec car.

1 Like

I’ll have to check…

Ok nevermind. I just looked on two different sites and it comes up. Smh! Odd that my xk8 came right up, but the xjs didn’t

I ran into that problem with my X300. The North American VIN system is different from the European system.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/vindecoder.php?vin=SAJNW4744PC188097

Please notice that in your original post, you talked about XK8.
This VIN belongs to your 1993 XJS

Yes I know. I was saying that I looked up my xk8, then decided to look up my XJS. So yes, I do know that that one belongs to my XJS. Thanks though