Is this funny! Or what

I love and adore our mark 2
But after putting 4,000 miles in 6 months it’s time to update some of the old owners work!
I’m putting a new pump and filters as you can see a bit crusty
It worked but lazy on choke hence the filter and look at the ground?
Wtf!
Well I traced the ground which went to a switch and a key that I never next existed
It worked to as a theft device but I will leave the switch and drum a good old fashioned ground to the body
Only Brit car guys do this stuff
Yes fuel injection lines coming as well!
Gtjoey1314

I would recommend a better grade of gaffer’s tape.

:smiley:

When Joey is done…
It will be wonderful!
Gtjoey1324

Third person wrenching??

2021 is gonna be a VERY odd year, dude!

:grin:

1 Like

Reminds me of when I bought my XJ12. The seller started it, we drove around, we closed the deal, and I drove away in it, note we never shut the engine off. Luckily I drove all the way home without shutting it off. Then an hour later I go to start it and nothing, no cranking. Seller not answering his phone. It took me an hour of trying all kinds of things before I discovered that he had rigged up a hidden start button and an inline fuse in the regular starter solenoid wire and had removed the fuse as an anti-theft gimmick.

1 Like

Third person wrenching might be handy in some situations, for example doing bolts up through the firewall. I could be on one side and Jon could be on the other…
But I would probably do it wrong and would beat myself up about it later…

The MKV is full if those needs, even the small clips on the scuttle (and lets not get into details about the scuttle chrome trim and bonnet center end piece!) are next to impossible to do alone.

But perhaps Paulie was referring to talking of oneself as a third person, like they say Julius Ceasar used to do quite a while ago?:slight_smile:

Over here the use of “we” could be seen as collaborative, but can very easily go just a small bit wrong and start sounding as if would be “WE” (Alexander the Third) by the grace of God, etc.

Cheers for Christmas! :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Look’s a bit of a mess , but having a switch too the pump is a good idea , if your working on the car , and you need the ignition on , it saves the pump starting up , have used mine a good few times , I have a nice new fuel pump now , pic is of the old one

I now have a 4.2 Etype triple su under the bonnet😀
It’s real tight up front so
I’m just going to put a filter from tank to pump everything else will go

Done ! With picture of the past …
I love cleaning up abortions…
The Jag was done so right but I guess when people get tired this happens?
Now installed with fuel injection clamps and hose, 1 filter new ground wires and everything tucked in and lovely
Next timing then reset the carbs!
Not my old age I put the date of install on the pump! 12/20😀

Please look closely for safety reasons
The old set up had the green and ground wire underneath the two fittings , wonderful if they started to leak…boom!
Also the kill switch is gone and a nice thick ground screwed into the base and frame make a clean home run
Also the hose from the nipple is new and runs out the quarter NOT on the exhaust!!!
Boom again!
Gtjoey1314

You used new duct tape.

You da MAN!!!

:grimacing:

There were drill holes and plugs for whatever reason…Im waiting a couple of days and running the car to mae sure there is no leaks then it will all be covered in the dynamat
The black tape is the industrial car stuff…So no fumes, no leaks and sound proofing.
Cleaned up nice…No?
GTJOEY1314
I love the Mark 2…its such a great driver…