Is this what the oil pan looks like on a late S2?

Take a look at the photos of the oil pan and the oil return pipe/hose. What is the pan from? It looks very unlike the one on my '69 2+2, though that is from a S1.5. Just curious. It looks a nice car.

Doesn’t look anything like my S2, can’t help but wonder if it is not part of a dry sump system.

Nope.

Nope. That looks like the pan from some sedan.

Regards,
Ray L.

It looks like an XJ6 sump…

Cut and shut from a saloon or XJ6 sump?. They trim off the “wings” and weld flat plate over so it will fit between the TBs.

Curious about the JDHT certificate that states the car is : Opalescent Blue (non standard ) .
Is “(non standard)” stating the car was ordered and left the factory with this color or the car is currently in this color but did not leave the factory that way?

Marco

XJ6/1 or 2 carbureted version. When the Series 2 went to Fuel injection, the drivers side was flat to clear the catalytic converter.

Interesting, I didn’t think they would fit.
Cheers,
LLynn

They’ll be sorry if they inadvertently run over something like a rock or pebble or road alligator, midships.

It will then experience an Alfa moment…:frowning:

Are Alfa’s as low as Healy’s? A friend hit something on this summers IBCC club tour, fortunately it had stamped metal pan and didn’t rupture it but did put a BIG dent in it.
Cheers,
LLynn

Yes…worse!
Alfa pans are about 3 inches off the ground, are are leading, i.e., in front of the cross member. On top of that, they are cast aluminum, and shatter like glass.

I installed MANY a pan guard on Alfa…and more than a few new oil pans!

Hi Liam

Note if and when Byou change the sump to an E version you will need to change the oil pick up pipe and supporting brackets. Might want to buy a timing pointer whilst your at it.
Regards
Pat