Some of you gear heads must have been any advice for a first time visitor
Planning this May June

Cheers

@PeterCrespin may have good info.

Sent him a note thks for the lead

1 Like

this is on my bucket list as well. along with Goodwood someday
have fun! post pics please!

I went to the Isle of man tt races for 2 weeks tried to post some videos but the format is wrong :man_zombie:or I don’t know how to anyway we had blue skies the whole time, unusually good weather.
Got to know some side car crews and was standing in Micheal Dunlop’s paddock talking with his mechanics , it’s a real home grown event you can get up close and personal. Real close 2 feet at 140 - 160 mph in an apex also
Had a track tour with Peter Hickman ( top rider) where he explained what’s he’s doing looking for :

For instance if he’s doing a wheelie and he wants the front down he applies rear brake
They burn 24 litres in 2-3 laps ,using pump gas has no ethanol over there
He spends a lot of his time using throttle and brake to adjust the suspension for what’s coming and they know every bump in the road.

Temperature on a rear tire after 2 laps 93c and worn out

It was interesting his comments about the race and there attitude to it , especially the side car boys ( who they think are crazy) concerning broken bones etc.
it’s just a broken back it’ll get better .I spoke with this one side car team at length every nite
It was a good year only one guy died ,six last year average two/ year

It’s something to see that’s for sure a real street race

2 Likes

Why is it that racing automobiles all of a sudden seems like sissy stuff?
LLoyd

I’m suspicious of people who don’t like dogs.
But I trust dogs who don’t like people.

I hear you these guys are just wired different, they care about them selves but broken bones ……they will mend

I’ve been a fan of the TT for decades, back since the days of Agostini, Read and Hailwood. You need real big ones to race the TT. This year I believe the race lap record was set at just over 136mph.

Ya I was there for it

Here are some pics of the viewing areas and ambiance yes the road is the track
The beer drinker is my son

Speeds would be 160 -180 mph in these areas

(upload://cbYzhGTDWf5qiC2Svi1YoSJRmb1.jpeg)
![IMG_0360|375x500](upload://dUlRknKnx20MbwX64v2mtaGeMfJ.jpeg

Cheers

2 Likes

If you think these guys are crazy, what about back in the day when the roads were unsealed, bikes had no front brake and they rode without helmets? And I think the average lap speed was somewhere near 80mph!

Well they did have a tweed jacket on
in the early days they had to stop and open and close pasture gates The bike guys think the side car guys are the crazy ones they call the passenger the Monkey or victim and apparently the monkeys pay $2000 euros for the privilege
One fellow hit his ass on the wall sticking it out ,I was up close and personal with them there a friendly bunch and very willing to talk about there experiences