Jack stand recall expanded

Similar: 6-7 years ago, I got a 121-piece index, from Northern Tool. It was $30…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I used a 1/8" bit, to drill thin aluminum… and it wasn’t up to the task, and it flexed and broke. It flexed, even though it was a straight press.

I saw the flute tip, and the edges had rounded-off…???

I took the stub over to my grinding wheel, to sharpen it, and noticed the sparks indicated cast iron.

I know the spark pattern of various steel alloys, but I was SURE I had it wrong. Got a chuck of cast iron, lying about… sure as god made little green apples, the spark pattern was the same.

In utter disgust, the index and the remaining 120 bits went directly into the recycle bin.

NEVER again will I buy cheap bits.

1 Like

I try to stay away from any tools that I’ll have to buy again. Sometimes though, you just need a bit to mangle and it doesn’t matter.

Allen keys are similarly rubbish. Started work on a small grub screw once thinking it was coming easily I looked down and noted a nice helix had begun forming in the Allen key shaft. Paul.

1 Like

Nope, naut uh, no way, Jose! I can buy into the motivated reasoning for buying cheepie tools: done my fair share.

I’ve purchased more than my fair share of craptastic screwing wrenches, pliers, and even some hand wrenches.

Pride, and a sense of decorum, does not allow me to do so, wrt some tools: drill bits are one. EZ outs, impact sockets are the others.

It’s the good stuff, er nuthin’, honey!