Jag-Lovers Emails Stopped Coming on 12/8/23

I am a member of several Jag-Lovers list and I noticed that I stopped receiving any Jag-Lovers emails after 13:44 EST on 12/8/23. Please look into this. The last time this happened it was due to an application update that Jag-Lovers did and the email distribution to all members stopped afterwards. I have not idea if it is just me or if others were affected, but I thought I should let you know about this first.

Paul Novak

Les Halls PMed me, and he stopped receiving his digests also. So it isn’t just you affected.

Erica,

Thanks for that feedback. I suspected as much since that is what happened the last time.

Paul

The most feared words in the last 20 years…

“System Upgrade.”

:exploding_head::confounded::confused:

1 Like

I’m working on this now. Expect frequent reboots etc. while I’m troubleshooting.

Gunnar

2 Likes

Email is flowing again. We apologize for the inconvenience.

3 Likes

Thanks Gunnar!!

Gunnar,
Thanks. My Jag-Lovers emails started showing up at 2:46 PM EST today and seem to be back to normal.

Paul

Just in the last few weeks, we have had the (by far 2nd largest of the 3 that exist) Telco provider go down after a system upgrade for 14hrs, all the business day, then our 2nd largest bank had a shorter, but also total, outage

No mobile phones, or landline, internet, business terminals, not even 000 (US 911), nothing.

The American CEO was required to fall on her sword by the Singaporean owners

I must admit those people that couldn’t call 000 was pretty poor but otherwise I loved it, got so much done without pesky customers ringing all the time :blush:. Those businesses that had no way to trade need to have a really hard look at the way they run their businesses. We run a what if stress test every year when doing risk assessments. If I needed uninterrupted internet access or it could cost me thousands I would have a back up. Hot spot to a Telstra wifi or something, cheap insurance against a forseeable risk.

1 Like

Gunnar,
My Jag-Lovers emails stopped again on 1/30/24 and I haven’t seen one all day today, even though I can see a lot of posts through the web interface. Has there been another system update that has affected the email distribution?

Paul Novak

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the heads-up! No, there were no updates. The ‘postfix’ email program had stopped working. I’ve reset it, and mail is going out now.

Thanks,
Gunnar

Hi Gunnar,

Unfortunately it’s happened again. Nothing in the last 25hrs.

Sorry about that. Fixed now!

Hi Gunnar, no downloads to my jagaround@gmail again I’m afraid.

Hi Les,

Thanks for the heads-up. It should be fixed now. It finally clicked for me why/how this is happening, at least I think I know why; it’s after I reboot the server after installing updates. The strange thing is I can’t find anyone else posting about having the same problem we’re seeing.

Anyway, mail is flowing again now. Sorry about the hiccup.

Thanks,
Gunnar

Hi Gunnar,

Happened again I’m afraid.

And fixed again.