Jaguar Daimler Heritage CD's

I have most of the JDHT discs but find these will not play on my computer running Adobe Reader DC. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what is the solution?

You are required to use “FileZilla” instead of Abode. The tech support from OTPubs is pretty good, so definitely contact them.

Hi John.

Thank you for your input. I will check out FileZilla

Tom

Hi John.

I downloaded FileZilla but cannot see how this can be used to view files on the JDHT CD-ROM Discs?

Rgds

Tom

The file type is probably not associated with the program . I also assume you have not previously used these CDs on the computer you are now using, but instead on a different computer. If that is the case, the CD license has to be released. Only OTP tech-support can do that for you. It is a wildly complicated and stupid system, but so many of their CDs were bootlegged and sold on eBay for five dollars, that I can’t blame them.

Try running the program compatibility wizard for older PDF versions

Hi John.

Noted FileZilla is not helpful, I will uninstall.

These Cd’s were used many times on this computer and without problems until Adobe Reader DC was installed as an upgrade. From that time onward the CD’s no longer can be read. Not sure I know who is OTP or how to contact them?

Rgds

Tom

Hi Aristides.

Thank you for your reply. I do not see any option in Adobe DC to run in compatibility mode with older Adobe versions.

Rgds

Tom

Sorry I’m a dumbass, it’s not FileZilla. It’s called LockLizard.

OTP made the official CDs. “Original Technical Publications”. Www.otpubs.com

Hi John.

Is this LockLizard able to access these JDHT CD-ROM discs?

Rgds

Tom

Tom,

You have to right click on the Abode DC icon and you will see the Compatibility mode option.
It worked for me for older PDF file versions.
It’s not through Abode but a Windows function.

Hello,

the only practical way I have found to continue to have access to the JDHT XJ6 technical manual and part lists I bought in 2008 is to keep an old PC setup with Windows XP and the version of Adobe Acrobat Reader supplied on the JDHT CDROM

1 Like

Hi Aristides.

I tried this but it did not work. I have decided to hold onto my old computer instead of scrapping it. This old computer opens the CD’s instantaneously.

Many thanks

Tom.

1 Like

Hi Thierry.

Many thanks for your reply. I have come to the same conclusion. My old computer runs the CD’s without problems.

Rgds

Tom

1 Like