Jaguar F-Type models

1 Like

I wonder if the 6speed is still an option?

I just checked the Jaguar UK site, looks like it’s not. Only two engines for now, the I-4 and the V8. The V6 is gone, and no sign of the new I-6 yet. The manual transmission was only (recently) available in the UK with the V6, so I guess that explains that.

For some strange reason the V6 is still available in the US, but no manual transmission, of course.

1 Like

They have a four banger available?

That sounds interesting!

Yeah, they introduced that a while back. 2.0 liter, turbocharged. 296/300 hp, depending on market(ing). Same “Ingenium” engine that you can find in a lot of other JLR products these days. The upcoming JLR I-6 is based on this engine.

The arguably most interesting thing about the Ingenium engines is their Multiair/UniAir electrohydraulic variable valve lift system, originally developed by Fiat.

Note that the I-6 is a hybrid, while the I-4 isn’t, at least not yet.

https://www.jag-lovers.com/meet-the-new-i-6-jlr-hybrid-powerhouse/

1 Like

That’s tempting! Now, to go find a money tree…:wink:

1 Like

Im finding myself realy wanting an F type, the looks are spectacular always had me… Just like the E types and why I own a S3.
I do drive alot daily , it would be my daily driver.
Curious tho it sounds blasphemes to put a 4 banger in these, but wonder what the feedback is on owners with them.
I know there is 2 side to everything , just like some people hate the 2+2 like my series 3 but I love it.
Guess ill do some thread searching

Hi Eric,

I’ve never even driven the I-4 in an F-Type, but I got a taste of it in an F-Pace. I was not impressed, the turbo lag was horrendous. That said, the F-Pace is a bigger car, and the I-4 may feel more at home in the F-Type.

Also, I came straight from my supercharged 3.0, which obviously doesn’t have any lag at all. So, I may have had unreasonable expectations.

Using the F-Type as a daily driver has been nothing but a joy. The car is reliable, safe, comfy, and seriously quick. Trunk space in the convertible is limited (ahem), but it can accommodate my bag and a 1U rack server or two, and that’s good enough for me.

Caveats: The ride is definitely more sports car than GT, so can feel harsh until you get used to it. The satnav system used in the early models is pretty much useless, but hopefully fixed by the time they introduced the I-4. Do get one with premium audio, it’s worth it.

Good luck!

Gunnar

1 Like