Jaguar Racing Cap Identification

Hello to all the Jaguar sleuths out there.
A friend of mine who worked for Ford Australia kindly gave me this cap with a story of it’s history.
However, before I pass on the info given to me can anyone identify the signature on the brim please.
it’s said to be circa 1998/9
Dave

First word looks a bit like Mark, could it be Mark Weber? But he wasn’t with Jaguar until 2003, so timing a bit off…?

Thanks…my thoughts exactly…but you’re right about Mark Webber not fitting the timeline.

Looks like two names on the hat. The one in ball point pen looks like Cyle Jeta with a number 5 or 8.

Thanks Bob. That name does not come up in any search :frowning:
I know that the cap has genuine Jaguar/Ford connections due to who gave it to me. It was said that it was signed by Jackie Stewart . I cant make that out in either signature but love the cap for its connection to Jaguar anyway.
Cheers. Dave

Thanks Bob. That name does not come up in any search :frowning:
I know that the cap has genuine Jaguar/Ford connections due to who gave it to me. It was said that it was signed by Jackie Stewart .

I cant make that out in either signature but love the cap for its connection to Jaguar anyway.
Cheers. Dave

Wouldn’t be Nigel Mansell would it? I don’t know if he was on the Jag scene at the time, just a guess.

Dave,

I trawled signed caps by Mark Webber and his signature is pretty close to that, plus I read Mark at the start. Possibly they got the year wrong.

Matt

1 Like

Thanks Matthew. I thought Mark Webber too, and yes there’s a lot of water gone under the bridge :blush:

Hi Kevin. Thanks for your idea. There is some contention over the date I think.

Previous owner is sure it’s Jackie Stewart.

It definitely was someone connected to Jaguar/Ford and I’m delighted to have it.

Cheers. Dave

Hey, him being an Aussie is a bonus I reckon