"Jaguar to Offer All-Electric E-Types"

Don’t know if this topic has already been mentioned on here, but just ran across this article from last year:

Wonder how much they will cost … :pensive:

300 grand for the conversion…not including the donor car.
gtjoey1314

But…will it have a/c? And bluetooth…everything is better with bluetooth.

2 Likes

Its an attempt to make us feel good, BEFORE GASOLINE CARS ARE BANNED…
Coming soon.
GTJOEY1314

It better have a cup-holder arm rest. Biggest deficiency on my car.

1 Like

GBP 300K is all in, Joe. Conversion only is GBP 50K, about US$65K

It’s not 50 grand

The batteries are almost 100 grand

Watch the tape from 04:25 to 05:10, bearing in mind you’re listening to the official Jaguar rep.

I put in my request

It’s 300,000 grand

Actually, it’s 300,00 G.B.P., which = approx. $400,000, U.S. (what bloody hell??? :scream:) For that much, it better come with a live-in tech, 24/7 to handle the maintenance and servicing … :smile:

1 Like

I was being polite…….
There is a lot INVOLVED.
Aston is doing the same, I LOVE THE IDEA, but its all a political move to keep governments off the backs of the major companies.
Gasoline will be gone soon, we will die with it, but the last.
Anyone driving their MODEL T today?
Anyone watching the news with their RCA black and white tv with rabbit ears.
ASTON is doing the same but it becomes very complicated very complicated, things just as simple as heat become very tricky, theres no engine heat and the original ran off a heater valve.
Then the dash and the vitals.
Remember this car does not regenerate , the battery just dies, you get about 125 miles .
Not bad,but very limited
Neil Young converted and old American Caddy or something and it cost well over 150 grand, without the complete resto.
Hey IM IN AND LOVE THE IDEA, Its really not there yet. But soon.
GTJOEY1314

why don’t they re name is the ZZZZZZZZZZ type… before someone catches on to the idea that this technology just doesn’t work…

1 Like

Right on cue, Godfrey, and right on pitch…:grimacing:

“W.W.S.L.T.?” = What would Sir Lyons think? :laughing:

Can’t presume to speak for the gentleman, but methinks he would have embraced a new and, ultimately, modern engineering direction.

Only certain old fuddy duddies wanna remain firmly ensconced in petromobiles!

:grimacing:

Remember, in 1961, the E Type was radical.

Somebody open a window.

2 Likes

I would suggest the Sir Lyons would have more sense that to be seduced by this nonsense.

One thing…….If JAGUAR does it for you AND its recorded as a factory conversion and its reasonable one day.
Your now carrying the torch of Jaguar with the CURRENT employees of Jaguar for decades and decades.
Make many sense?
Its kind of neat if you think about it.
The cost and range are not close yet.
It is amazing , what else do you own that’s 50 years old that you would spend all that money to preserve?
Interesting though
GTJOEY1314

I am not ready for an electric car yet, But they do work.
Tom

until they run out of power… and I have no intention of trying to find a power source in the middle of nowhere… pushing a car with a dead battery. At least I can still carry a spare can of gas. and that does work.