Jaguar type E serie 3 OTS en "RESTOMOD "

The big (and eternal) problem is : what will I do with the gearbox ?
My solution is to adapt a GETRAG 265 on the engine… But it’s a long, long, road to find all the parts to do it !!!
I have some chance with the gearbox and the bell.
The gearbox :

1 Like

All the way, the upholstery is all ready, and will be “full leather” (originally only the seats are with leather).
The idea from E Type uk is to adapt XJS seats into the car and it is a good idea ( a little bit complicated) but more fine than Mazda mx seats.
The color is “ROUGE HERMES” …
The XJS seats :

Before restoration :

And the original seats (all ready restored for more garanti…)

Before restoration :

3 Likes

Very nice idea to go with a manual 6 litre, although there is really nothing wrong with a good 4l80. I am not so sure about the s seats, they are taller and may spoil the lines (my humble opinion though)

Hi Alix, we are using a Tremec 6 speed transmission in our project car. I can send some information if it’s useful.

Best regards

You may find the gearbox a very tight fit. The last six inches of the Jaguar box were an thin extension bolted onto the back of the manual gearbox. You’ll need to compare your box with a BW12 to see whether it’ll fit.

Similarly for the seats. Your XJS donor car is a much bigger and heavier car than the etype. Whilst the seats may fit, you may sit quite high up and have to look through the sun visors.

kind regards
Marek

Dear Marek,
I am 165 cm tall…! I think it will be ok with the XJS ’ seats (the originals are allready in caz).
For my Getrag gearbox, the Company "Simply Performance " is specialized to make everything you need to instal it.

Regards,
Mo

Hi CliveR,

I know about the Tremec gearbox ( and more easy because it is custm made) but I prefer the Getrag gearbox in 5 speed (I am also a BMW fan with 5 classics cars). But with the support of the Simply Performance company , it will be easy to do it…

Dear Lovers,

The upholstery of the “RESTOMOD” project is ready after 6 months of waiting…
Some people asked me if the XJS seats could be installed, and indeed, after trial runs, the first generation (non-electric) seats were too bulky! on the other hand, the seats of the following generations (electric) are narrower and can be installed with some modifications.
However, I had the original seats restored just in case…
Here is the result:

Looks great Alix.

Where in France are you?
I’m down South.

Hello Aristides,
Thank you ! I’m from Tignieu (near Lyon) may be we can talk direcly…