LED Headlights, yet again

I ran across these and wondered if anybody was using them. It looks like they would fit anywhere standard separate bulb halogen headlamps would fit.

https://vintagecarleds.com/shop/7-inch/vcm35-7-inch-led-headlight-kit/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA7IDiBRCLARIsABIPohjSU-8I0-g-OfEwFTiw-to_KCL593UeqO6Y3XGCRBKcYu5wVUwHHQ4aArclEALw_wcB

John
The problem I see with these bulbs is the leds face in the up position only.
Lower portion of reflector to remain dark as stated. Fans will circulate hot air within bulb??
I had tried a bulb with leds on one surface and was not happy. The ones I have now have two surfaces top and bottom and are pretty good but high beams are not much brighter. Those on the OIL LEAK commented on the brightness of these. Went to order some spares but NLA.
Glenn

I went with the Cibie housings and some very fancy (read expensive) LED lamps. The ones I got use a separate ballast, and no fan, and the setup is much brighter than stock, with a very sharp cutoff. It also takes a lot of load off those overburdened electricals. There is wide variation out there, so search for reviews if you are going this way.

Glenn,
what make are the LEDs you’re referring to ?
Cheers … Ole

GTR third generation, but again, check the reviews, the technology is fairly new.

1 Like

Thanks David.
I’m looking at superbrightleds.com where I’ve bought almost all my LEDs for the jag. Definitely the ones that are installed now. Their H4 selection seem interesting and I might go with one of their lamp kits and the Cibie reflectors. Or Hella.
Cheers … Ole