Lets build a 1967 e type together

Glad you said it and not me. That pedal box looks like it came off a NASA lunar rover. Looks funny on that old yellow paint.

2 Likes

Well you know where it’s all going
I’m taking everything out!
Harness
Pipes
Super motor
Suspension
It’s all coming out
I have some thing else up my sleeve as the intake finally came off
Gtjoey1314

1 Like

Im still lined up for the action, on this: I could make a KILLIN’!!!

:grimacing:

1 Like

Real suggestions…
Donovan ? CJ MOTORS ? Motorsport ?
If the engine is out and apart, and I want to do this once.
The motor has 6,000miles and a 20 over and new pistons, but sat for years.
Its fine, but I wish someone had a BRAND NEW built engine
I mean BRAND NEW.
Anyone have thoughts on the above.
GTJOEY1314

Suggestions… for a brand new engine?

Make one.

For the tranny? Broadspeed seems to be a decent ‘box. You could also just regear the final drive, if you want to save money.

Hey Joey

I had a great experience with CJ, although they didn’t do the build, most of the parts and the engineering ideas and support came from them and they worked with my builder up in Canada. Great experience, engine is exactly what I wanted it be.

you are a GO BIG guy…
here is the only NEW motor I can find for ya
just imagine 1000hp in an E type…

although we would have to banish you to the lumps forum.

Nice, but too slow…haaaa Did I hear new cast blocks and all are coming out of England?

Have Crosthwaite & Gardiner built one for you. https://crosthwaiteandgardiner.com/ Should get some change out of $100K - probably not much though…

Find a serviceable 85-87 XJ engine and take it to the limit.
Put the #'s matching engine in the corner and save for that day the toy engine expires in a flash and bang. Joey, we know you can break a Carillo con rod. You may need a centrifugal supercharger to do it, but we have faith in you buddy.

1 Like

Yeah almost 20 grand U.S for the block , ekk.
I have to admit this adventure is opening up so many ideas compared to 30 years ago…
Once that engine and transmission are out…the wiring and suspension are next.
gtjoey1314

That piece of wood came from xks
For the 18 dollars it’s neat
Now I can jack from the picture frame in peace
Gtjoey1315

Joey,

Not to deprive XKs of 18 bucks, but could I trouble you to post rough measurements of the wood jacking block? I’ve been planning to make one from scrap hardwood.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott,

If you have the Jaguar Service Manual or Bentley reproduction there is a diagram and dimension on page B.67. Or you can just use the search tool for “hardwood jacking #E-Type” and find a thread that gives the details. You’ll see that the Jaguar recommended block has a simple rectangular cross-section. Frankly, I don’t like the XKs “T” shaped design. If the “stem” of the T is so short as not to bottom out in the picture frame, the wood may split, as the weight of the car is just supported on the front and rear edges of the picture frame. If the “stem” of the T is longer, then the arms of the T give a false impression to the jack operator of the effective width of the block, and it is more likely that it won’t be centered properly. Many of us leave the wooden block there permanently, attached with a couple of cable ties.

-David

Thanks, David! I’ll look that up.

Edit: Found it. Thanks again.

If you are lucky, a fellow Aussie Jler will bring you a jarrah wood insert, to put in there…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Probably not that lucky . . .

Just got back…ok you have the numbers, good.
2 weeks the whole drive train will be out.
gtjoey1314

1 Like

Ok the pedal box is basically done!
Some didn’t like my LEM paint so I scrubbed the snot out of it and it’s back to its original patina!
No rubber pedals installed because you can’t get it through the opening cleanly
The arms are all painted and new washers were found
The unit is so tight and smooth
Enjoy

Sod ‘em it’s your car! :slight_smile: