Licence plate, need some ideas

Got extremely tired having someone at every single stop light yelling at me “what kind of car is that?”
Decided to go with OLJAG on my vanity license plate. Even though would get a deal if I put on historic plates not worth losing my OLJAG plate.

They’ll put a Spanish speaker into paroxysms of glee!!!

I think this is it:

EXKAYCXX

2 Likes

Well, I asked four reliable native Spanish speakers and Google Translate and Bing Microsoft Translator, and it means nothing to any of them, so as its been on three different old Jags in 25 years I’m sticking with it.

2 Likes

En Espanol, it’s not the meaning: it’s the pronunciation!

It would be, “Ol Hag.”

:wink:

1 Like

Wiggs, you are too f#cking funny.

I like the plate! In English ‘jag’ had a slang use in NJ in the 70’s.

A British exchange student came to our HS in senior year. In class she needed to borrow an eraser and asked out loud, “Can I borrow a rubber?”. It made its way into the yearbook.

1 Like

I have a very similar story, with one of my former tenants: she asked, in junior high, if anyone in class “had a rubber I can borrow:” the eruption of laughter made her so ashamed, she lost her British accent… till she moved back to England.

Well, it means nothing to the Spanish speakers I know. Even as a misspelling they couldn’t come up with anything.
Maybe its only funny to some English speakers with a vague idea of Spanish pronunciation. Hag is bruja or vieja.

Rob, you may be missing my humorous point…:grimacing:

NUB 120
Tip o’ the hat to Ian Appleyards 120 that famously won the Alpine Rally it’s first time out.