Looking for a complete (with linkages, etc) XK150 automatic transmission for my OTS

Hello all, I am still trying to locate a DG250 assembly for my car. If possible, I would like it to have come from an actual XK150. I think, I am not positive, that the codes on the DG250 may delineate as to what type of car they came from. If that is true, I would be more comfortable having a transmission from an XK150, if only “just because”. At any rate, even getting a transmission from, say, a Mark I will not be good because I still need the XK150 linkages. My car’s data plate, a 1958 OTS, says that it originally had 13094-15R. I don’t expect to get one from an OTS but perhaps there is someone that has one from a DHC or FHC? I was contacted, through my advertising for one, by a gentleman that is thinking of swapping his DG250 in his XK150 for a manual, modern gearbox. If he is reading this and has decided to switch, please contact me since I cannot locate your email. In some ways it would be easier to put in a manual gearbox, but I would like to keep it as original as possible. Also, if I do find a DG250 transmission with its linkages, it would possibly be easier to do the job rather than retrofitting the car to a manual gearbox. As an example, to do that right I would have to cut and weld part of the bulkhead to mimic that of a manual gearbox XK150 and change the transmission tunnel and floors. I DO have, from a wrecked XK150S OTS, the Thornton Powerlok rear axle, VS head and carb assembly w/ air cleaner box, even the rare, dual fuel pump fittings that joined the “S” dual fuel pumps together. In other words, I have been contemplating making the car into an XK150S “clone”. I have been hesitating to do that though. So, if anyone can help me let me know. Also, I welcome your opinion about changing it altogether to a manual gearbox car since it no longer has the original engine and transmission in it. It has a Series I E-Type 2+2 engine and automatic transmission in it right now. Thanks, Gary

My ‘66 ‘S’ Type was DG equipped and I changed it for a all synchro 4 sp O/d the driving experience is chalk and cheese. Seeing as the car is not a matching numbers then you are already part way there.

What is the VIN showing on the data plate? XK-150 OTS automatics are extremely rare as Jaguar only made 72 of them. Mine is a 59.

Pat H

Change to a T5 and that’s it. You will be happy.

Hello again forum readers,
Does anyone know if the Service Manual for Borg Warner Automatic Transmissions SUPPLEMENT E/113/2 has illustrations (plates) showing the linkages, etc for the XK150? The E/113 manual has very precise info on the transmission itself but I need images and part numbers showing the parts aside from the transmission. Sadly, my XK150 Spare Parts Manual, Volume I does not have plates showing the parts aside from the transmission itself. It seems that the DG250s B/W units “grow on trees” relatively speaking due to non-interest in automatic transmissions in general but I need the linkages specific to an XK150 to make a nice, authentic restoration. Thanks in Advance for any and all advice, Gary